Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Saturday Musings - Are You Awake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140621_sleep.jpg

My grandfather had a saying, “Sleep is an insidious disease.” He firmly believed that people tended to sleep way too much and I actually couldn’t agree with him more. Don’t sleep your life away, do something with it!

The other day I was working away at my desk and asked my wife Roselyn where our eldest daughter was. She replied that she was still in bed. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 10:45am and a shiver went up my spine. I wouldn’t have given it a second thought but Sarah had been making it a bit of a habit of getting up later and later each day. It was time to put a stop to this activity…..even on her holidays.

Rather than beat on her door and tell her that the rest of the world had been at work for the past few hours I got out my new JBL Bluetooth speaker and iphone. After placing the speaker on maximum volume I pressed the play button and 80’s hits streamed melodically, at high volume, towards her door. The memories of bands like Simple Minds, Billy Joel and ABC erupted in full force.

I then went back to work to the enjoyment of the tunes playing in the background. It wasn’t long before I heard my lovely daughter’s bedroom door open and the music stopped. So being one that is creative I went and placed the speaker halfway down the stairs and resumed “Pressure” by Billy Joel. Trust me when I say that Billy was still loud enough for the neighbours to justify complaining (they actually didn’t).

Read More

Continue reading...

Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators