Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

scam or real offer?

springward

Reaction score
I've owned several domains over the years, used most of them and let others expire if they weren't of use to me. I've never sold a domain, so I'm hoping to get some help/info and avoid being taken for a ride.

I received an email for a domain that I've had parked and was not up for sale. The email said:

"My client is interested in purchasing the domain "thedomain".com. Is it for sale? Please let me know what range would be acceptable."

That was last May, and with a brief back and forth, a range was discussed, and then the conversation stopped. I assumed at that point it was a scam and just let it go, no personal information was exchanged, other than an email addresses used in the conversation. I just received another email that his client is again interested. And, he asked what email to use for Escrow.com. He also mentioned that escrow.com or similar could be used.

I know this doesn't sound right, but in the off change that it is legit, what could I ask at this point that would define this as real or not?
I'm new to this forum - any good articles or posts that describes the best (and safest) way to sell a domain?

thanks in advance for your advice.

s

Domain summit 2024

Jag.me

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or ask them to give you their Escrow.com details and you set the terms ( i.e Buyer pays fee etc ) and you control Escrow.com not them.

Sounds ok to me. Normally a scammer will ask you to do some appraisal thing or try and make you give money, this guy seems to want the name and ready to escrow.

If you feel unsafe use a platform like Sedo and let them handle it.

Good luck on outcome buddy.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom