Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SedoCoUk

Hi!

We are crediting all clients for one hour of lost parking. However, if at any other time you notice your parking pages are not loading, please let either me or someone else ([email protected]/co.uk) know!

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

Equalizer said:
Will people need to complaint... and to who?
or
" all " accounts will be "made whole" at once?

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Servers are down again or experiencing problems....
Stats appear to be lagging in addition I received the following message from my registrar while trying to change DNS of some name to sedo servers :
" Domain DNS Update error Failed to update a Domain in registry. Failed to check availability of a NameServer in the registry. Error code: 500 - ERROR: ERROR: writing data to socketnested exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection closed by remote host"

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you only lost parking revenue consider yourself lucky...

I lost a sale (for a substantial amount of money) because of the downtime. A client wanted to purchase a domain name, so I informed them that they should buy it through escrow at sedo. I kept checking to see why the transaction hadn't gone through, so I called them several hours later to find out if there was a problem. They told me they couldn't access the site and said they weren't interested anymore. During our conversation my client questioned whether or not sedo was legit and didn't want to be scammed. I explained to them that sedo was 100% trustworthy and that it was a simple technical problem. The client then said they had found another suitable name and that the timing and need cost me the sale. I'm pretty bummed out about the whole thing and I know that sh*t happens... I just wish it wouldn't have happened then.

:greenno:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like this could be issues with its DDOS Protection Provider and not SEDO.

Kingpin said:
If you only lost parking revenue consider yourself lucky...

I lost a sale (for a substantial amount of money) because of the downtime. A client wanted to purchase a domain name, so I informed them that they should buy it through escrow at sedo. I kept checking to see why the transaction hadn't gone through, so I called them several hours later to find out if there was a problem. They told me they couldn't access the site and said they weren't interested anymore. During our conversation my client questioned whether or not sedo was legit and didn't want to be scammed. I explained to them that sedo was 100% trustworthy and that it was a simple technical problem. The client then said they had found another suitable name and that the timing and need cost me the sale. I'm pretty bummed out about the whole thing and I know that sh*t happens... I just wish it wouldn't have happened then.

:greenno:

Sods Law, that one.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One hour?
Is this a joke mate?

SedoCoUk said:
Hi!

We are crediting all clients for one hour of lost parking. However, if at any other time you notice your parking pages are not loading, please let either me or someone else ([email protected]/co.uk) know!

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to say this, but Sedo has been very disappointing these days. I have had severe dips in revenues on several days this month. I can only think that it's either the server issues or they are not accounting views properly.

Sedo should acknowledge and compensate such losses.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A couple of days ago and this was verified in DNF Chat, all of us could not login to SEDO for an unknown amount of time.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brujah said:
Sedo.com not loading, but parking pages still working here.

Loading fine on https:// but no http:// :rip:

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whole site is blank for http and https://www.sedo.com

also, quite regularly in the last few weeks i can't log in, or browse the for sale names.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beachie said:
whole site is blank for http and https://www.sedo.com

also, quite regularly in the last few weeks i can't log in, or browse the for sale names.

You may have to hit refresh a couple of times, https:// is still working for me.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hi!

Kind regards,
Brad
[email protected]

..you know..usually I speak up here when I think someone is attacking Sedo unfairly,..but 1 hour for a problem that was a whole lot longer seems like a cheap joke to me....

mrojas2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

Sedo homepage not working ...
Sometimes I can log in, and sometimes no ...
Waiting ...

Regards

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I cant see stats today. Some parts of the website work some dont.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome to sedo.

all their fiddling about with your stats is at there own detrament as if you guys are loosing money then so are they.

if anyone wants to know an instant way to reroute all your domains to another provider. drop me a pm and I will send you a script.

perhaps if everyone were to move their domains, they might do something about it.

You can Still use sedo for your sales, if you move your domains to NameDrive or Parked.com.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What abysmal service!

Just logged in this morning to find CTR go from 45% - 50%... to 20% - 25%!
My optimized keywords have been changed for no reason...meaning lost rev for me!

FYI - noticed this with other similar targetted dns as well using Sedo, if your parked there...you might want to check your optomized keywords to soften the blow. (Can't believe you have to wait 24 hours for this to change)

Moving to NameDrive ASAP!

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ExpireGuy said:
What abysmal service!
...My optimized keywords have been changed for no reason...meaning lost rev for me!

FYI - noticed this with other similar targetted dns as well using Sedo, if your parked there...you might want to check your optomized keywords to soften the blow. (Can't believe you have to wait 24 hours for this to change)

Moving to NameDrive ASAP!

I'm experiencing the same thing, and have since signed up at ND to give them a shot. I surely hope Sedo will credit more than one hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom