Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SEDO featured listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hello from Sedo,

The domains in the Featured Listings are rotated.
As newer entries are added, domains are pushed down the list.
As they are pushed down the list, they move off the front page onto the consecutive pages.

Thank you Nora for your reply.
However, what you describe is not rotation.
It is as is described, a push down the list and off from the front page.
A rotation is were all domains get a chance at being *rotated* on the front page.

Once again, thank you for noting this, and I am glad Sedo is acknowledging the feedback.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think maybe the feature listing can implement like the banner rotation with impression.
Eg. every feature domain in the list should have equal impressions on the front page. Domains that have lesser than the most impression will be rotated to the front page...

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have collected all your suggestions and comments.
They will be presented to management tomorrow at a meeting.
Hopefully the situation will be improved soon.
All changes take some time to implement though, so it could take a while before the featured listing procedure is changed.
Just to let you know though - the plans are on the table!

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

jeanluc

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nora, Come on... "the managment" didn't know before what we are complaining about it ? Come on please...
That's one of the "manager" who recognize (with a smile on his lips) the "weak point" (his own words) for the Featuring Listing on HomePage.

Come on Nora...

Best regards,

Jean-Luc

SedoCoUk said:
Hi everyone,

I have collected all your suggestions and comments.
They will be presented to management tomorrow at a meeting.
Hopefully the situation will be improved soon.
All changes take some time to implement though, so it could take a while before the featured listing procedure is changed.
Just to let you know though - the plans are on the table!

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JeanLuc,

Sedo is fully aware of the your complaints, just as we are aware of the less than ideal situation with the Featured Listings at this present time.
No system is perfect.
However I cannot soley implement change.
All changes have to be submitted to management and brought for review.
If they are approved, they have to be presented to the technical team.
Please understand JeanLuc, that no change is instantaneous.
Please note we take your comments very seriously - nobody is smiling at your concerns.
As already explained - there is a meeting today at which the Featured Listings Issue will be raised.
If you have grievances or questions about a particular order or about a particular answer you received from Sedo customer service, please email us directly at Sedo so we may optimally handle your comments.
While you are of course, free to air your views and opinions on a forum, please understand that Sedo cannot address individual and specific issues with you here.
This forum is not intended to replace our customer service.

Regards,
Nora Cotter
Key Accounts Manager
Sedo
We look forward to hearing from you by email.

jeanluc

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well Nora... as you said "I'm free to explain my complaints..." I did it at a manager of Sedo, and even if he was kind and polite, well, surely everybody understand the ripp-off...

My concern ? So simple... As hundreds of your clients, I bought some "featured listing" on homepage, for SerialKiller.com or Vaccination.com or others names, that lasted... between 4 hours to 15 hours on line...

When Chrysler has a trouble with a precise car model, they call back 75.000 vehicules to check the problem...

I doubt that Sedo will refund or offer for the hundreds of clients who were in the fog on the "order page" (wich didn't clearely that there is not "rotation" but the most unclearly possible that the payment is done for one month at the homepage), so I doubt that Sedo will refund their clients, or offer to all of them a new "rotation" on the homepage, when real rotation will exist... Especially because it was a precise politic of Sedo to NOT create a rotation... Because, I'm surely a dumb, but it's seems to me that create a real rotation on some .html or .php pages is even possible to my nephew of 6 years (or maybe it's because he plays chess at 6 years)... !!! :eek:)

So please Nora, I have the right to express my troubles toward Sedo, you have the right to defend your company... But people have the right to judge the moral and the ethic !!

Best regards,

JL

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No need for more meetings, etc ... good grief! Solution is quite simple...

1. Increase the featured listings to 15, or even 20, shown at once on homepage.

2. Select the listings to show at random - so darn easy to program, I'm surprised it's not being done already; more fair too.

On an aside, using fixed font sizes makes your website difficult to use for people running at high screen resolutons, and also people with vision problems. Larger, easier read text will likely result in a few extra sales over time; it all adds up.

Ron

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the programming bit is easy.
If you actually notice, the 'top domains' to the left of the featurded ones actually use rotation. So it is already implemented on the Sedo home page, just not for the featured listings yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators