Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEDO HIT NEW LOW! 0.6 cents for mortgage keyword

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am f*c*ing disgusted with sedo. Have emailed them a few times & had crappy excuses about how rates go up & down. Explain a falling rate day in day out to end at 0.6 euro cents! Mortgage is the keyword.
I am moving my best domains out of sedo's parking programme. Shall we all? let's do it!
Predator :tsk:

Sonny

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just move all of your names to somewhere else...or start your own parking company. This is insane to have the same complaints over and over again.

People wonder why customer service is slow to respond....it is because people treat them like shit and cry about everything nonstop.

This is not a personal attack against anyone, but the Professional Victim's Association doesn't need any more members. Obviously, they are doing something right, or are better than others, or else you wouldn't do business with them. If you don't trust their ethics then you are doing yourself no favors by having your names there.

Constantly attacking them will not make matters better. I have used Sedo for over a year and haven't noticed any drop in PPC. Sometimes I get a click for over $1 and sometimes just a few cents.....who cares. Occasionally someone bids on a name of mine and I generally get the money within a week....that's great. Once in a while someone will bid and then disappear...so what?

Think positive. I have made the same mistake of being a victim many times before.....it doesn't work. I am starting my 2007 New Year's Resolution early....no being victimized by anybody.

Sedo is decent enough. They don't owe any domainers a damn thing....we are all out for our own good.....I am sure Sedo doesn't expect domainers to look out for them.

Six cents is what people in jail and in some countries make in an hour....we make it when we are sleeping.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sonny, patronizing the rest of us won't earn you any brownie points. Sedo sucks, has been sucking and will continue to suck for as long as they treat OUR traffic and OUR money with the same contempt that they are being treated right now.

Mission impossible: get Sedo's customer service back on track.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro - I have to agree with Sonny on the high points such as moving them out. I am one of Sedo's biggest supporters but that still does not keep me from trying other services. In fact, I placed and application with another parking company tonight.

That does not mean I am switching everything, but if a few do better at Sedo, and a few do a better someplace else...its ok. We all want to make as much money as possible.

Better to light a candle then curse the dark.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah...Sedo is doing their thing taking way too much money...which I guess they have every right to do...but does not seem to be good business...I am moving my names this weekend to test the waters.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As we speak my PPC mysteriously doubled in the past 2 days. Waiting to see the trend but I won't hold my breath too long.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I moved a financial domain from sedo that went from .75 cents down to .04 in the past couple of months. Problem is the next two places I moved it to are only paying .11 and .14 cents respectively.

Development is the only way to go it seems. I can bang out a website in just a little more time than it takes to constantly move my parked domain around.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Acro - I have to agree with Sonny on the high points such as moving them out. I am one of Sedo's biggest supporters but that still does not keep me from trying other services. In fact, I placed and application with another parking company tonight.

That does not mean I am switching everything, but if a few do better at Sedo, and a few do a better someplace else...its ok. We all want to make as much money as possible.

Better to light a candle then curse the dark.

Sometimes the reason is as simple as this: continuum of stats. When a domain is parked at Sedo for 2 years, the cummulative information serves as proof of value, if the name has traffic of course. Moving it to another PPC company for testing purposes affects the stats.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just noticed something ODD today... It caught my eye a couple of times but like alot of things you see out of the corner of your eye, you alwasy second guess what you had seen.

Well, now I know for sure. The consistency of it was enough to get me to start taking notes of it...

Yesterday, my Revenues for the day were different on the live reporting as they are TODAY. Most of the time, it's explained away as click reporting not coming in and the numbers increasing as some of the late revenues are added.

Sure, makes sense... only the numbers are going DOWN.

Yep, My totals went DOWN my 20% - 25% with the totals posted today, versus yesterday. In fact, all the adjustments I've been seeing out of the corner of my eye have been DOWN.

THAT's why it caught my eye in the first place.

All this at Sedo Pro.

What gives?

GoPC

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another Sedo oddity. I have 2 names, the .com version and .org version. The sites are set up the same. The keyword is "jobs". The CPC on the .com version is consistently double the .org version. What's with that?
The visitors are looking for the same thing. The .org traffic is not any less desirable than the .com. The volume is less but the CPC shouldn't be half.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Voted with my feet today.
Only got a couple traffic domains. Now gone from sedo.
Trying namedriver now. If they're no good, i'll keep shopping! :bounce:

Predator

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Another Sedo oddity. I have 2 names, the .com version and .org version. The sites are set up the same. The keyword is "jobs". The CPC on the .com version is consistently double the .org version. What's with that?
The visitors are looking for the same thing. The .org traffic is not any less desirable than the .com. The volume is less but the CPC shouldn't be half.

I'd like to know that as well. I have the exact opposite: the .ORG having twice the CPC of the .COM

Seems that extensive filtering via proprietory rulesets is happening in the background...

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Voted with my feet today.
Only got a couple traffic domains. Now gone from sedo.
Trying namedriver now. If they're no good, i'll keep shopping! :bounce:

Predator

The unfortunate reality in this is that while NameDrive has some of the best new landers in the biz now, their CPC is and alwasy has been pretty low.

Look at InfoBAM!com (like that? the exclamation point makes the DOT in "dot com" :D )

The page is brilliant! Looks like a REAL webpage and not like a lander. Nice mouse over features and other bits that really make it sing.

The new adult lander is pretty good too, if you have adult names.

I just wish they paid what Sedo USED to... now, it's funny to think that they might be comparable even though ND's CPC hasn't changed at all. LOL!

Good luck over ther!

GoPC

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just move all of your names to somewhere else...or start your own parking company. This is insane to have the same complaints over and over again.

People wonder why customer service is slow to respond....it is because people treat them like shit and cry about everything nonstop.

This is not a personal attack against anyone, but the Professional Victim's Association doesn't need any more members. Obviously, they are doing something right, or are better than others, or else you wouldn't do business with them. If you don't trust their ethics then you are doing yourself no favors by having your names there.

Cant say better myself.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The unfortunate reality in this is that while NameDrive has some of the best new landers in the biz now, their CPC is and alwasy has been pretty low.

Look at InfoBAM!com (like that? the exclamation point makes the DOT in "dot com" :D )

The page is brilliant! Looks like a REAL webpage and not like a lander. Nice mouse over features and other bits that really make it sing.

The new adult lander is pretty good too, if you have adult names.

I just wish they paid what Sedo USED to... now, it's funny to think that they might be comparable even though ND's CPC hasn't changed at all. LOL!

Good luck over ther!

GoPC

Yes, ND has some kickass templates. I wonder what it takes to set up a feed that uses ads without the AdSense "Google Ads" text all over the place. This way we can set up our own co-op system.

sellingonline

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Development is the only way to go it seems. I can bang out a website in just a little more time than it takes to constantly move my parked domain around.

Amen :angel: (how do you manage to "bang out" a website in such a short time, please tell me your secret, you can PM me, if you don't want to share it in public, it's quite fast)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Amen :angel: (how do you manage to "bang out" a website in such a short time, please tell me your secret, you can PM me, if you don't want to share it in public, it's quite fast)

Content management systems are brilliant for this. So are building templates and working from them. I use postnuke for my CMS of choice, but once you get used to working with any one of them they can be setup and running pretty quickly.

I reuse the same html template for all my simple sites - two to four pages. Examples - forextutorials.info and canadianbonds.info - got a $2.25 click on forextuts today and a $1.75 on canadianbonds. Considering both were getting clicks parked but wouldn't equal that much in an entire month at .10 cents a click - it's the only way to go. And of course with a website they get indexed, linked to and hopefully even PR.

Side note - take a look at 1plus.net - a new way of parking domains. I just moved a few in to test it. Keeping 100% of your adsense or other ad program money is VERY appealing. And it sure opens your eyes to how much the parking companies are keeping for themselves.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of someone who will set up 2-4 page sites for a reasonable fee?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Whitebark, great post.

DomainFatigue are you looking for hosting or development?

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Six cents is what people in jail and in some countries make in an hour....we make it when we are sleeping.

Hey thats well thought out business advice, thanks.

So you won't mind selling me all your domain names for a $1, since thats a lot more than what people in jail or a 3rd world country would make, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom