Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo In Financial Trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can view the refund by going to the billing section in your Sedo account.
I just checked and noticed the receipt is there, dated 10.01.08 and marked unpaid although on 14.01.2008 I was told:
the escrow payment will leave our account shortly
Imo refunds due to cancellations of a transaction should be processed immediately. This is ridiculous. I already emailed Tamara about this with a cc to my regional rep, so I will wait for a day or two but no longer.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NT and leo, just 'out of interest' work out all your costs involved in trying to get your money back, and remember to work out your time at a 'realistic' rate, somewhere between £50 -£250 an hour and then work out how much Sedo owes you!

I think you will be surprised just how much out of pocket you actually are.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Namestands. Tom has already been in touch with our finance department to issue the refund for the first domain in question. You can view the refund by going to the billing section in your Sedo account. Please PM me the other domain you're referring to so we can solve this issue.

Anyone else who would like us to look into a specific transaction, please send a PM with the specific domain name in question.

Thanks!

Monica
Obviously, I went about it wrong.

I guess the weeks and weeks of emailing the rep and my account exec had no effect.

And after waiting more than a month after paying for the domain, and demanding a refund, then they pull a sneaky trick by not honoring that request, setting up an account at GoDaddy, putting the domain in there, and then telling me where to find it.

Thanks, NameStrands.

I see now the error of my ways.

Forget the personal emails and all the other formalities. Just publicly drag them through the coals to get a response.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Payments Refunded.

Please note that this was the final straw with respect to SEDO and that I will still be submitting my very articulate letter to the CEO of ADLink, expressing my utter contempt for the way in which SEDO have handled my account since Ed Russell left the company.

I have been a SEDO member since 2004 and never in my life have I ever been subject to an absolute disregard for customer care.

In 2007 I spent over $70,000 on domain purchases at SEDO. Rest assured in 2008 I will not spend a single cent, instead I will opt for contacting the seller direct.

I do believe that a shake up of Domain Brokers is required and I will be making formal complaints to the CEO of Adlink pertaining to certain individuals who have neglected their duties and whose attitude is not becoming of such an organisation.

When a shareholder is unwilling to use a company in which it is invested in, really does highlight the extreme discontent felt.

As a customer I appreciate that not every sale or purchase will go to plan, and I do allow for this and therefore offer enough time for things to get rectified after all when people are involved nothing will ever go as planned. That aside I would expect SEDO to act courteous and swiftly to address issues that do occur.

Sorry guys, but this time an apology just wont cut it.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, we all have to realize that all domain name companies are pretty much run like family businesses, with the in-laws on the tech support.

How else do you explain the bumbling, half sleepy responses I get each time I call up customer support at any registrar/drop catcher/broker? Its as if they just woke up after a big thanksgiving dinner.

rh287

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo Completely Sucks....every Way That You Can Do Business!

I even have a good offer on a domain for sale there...I'm not even answering the freaking emails...not going to let them sell the damn thing...I'll let them keep emailing me...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Care to tell us why?

I've sold many domains through Sedo. Never had any substantial issues with their brokering.

Revenue has doubled for me since mid-December.

rh287

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex, I guess your one of the lucky ones...

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my experience the best measure of a company is the support. And if you have the same person to talk to each time, its even better. I have that at Sedo, Godaddy, Moniker, and other places. I have not had any unresolved problems, so I am happy. I dont expect the world to be problem-free, but you want to see things get resolved in a timely manner, and the burden of communication is for all parties.

Godaddy is amazing how fast you get to a real person - though sometimes you have to escalate it. Godaddy has a front line of people but the harder stuff goes up a level to a more experienced group. So you sometimes have to push through some initial resistance... but professionally, of course.

Sedo is good. Not always fast enough, but no domain broker is fast, unless it is done by an individual acting as a broker. I like Sedo more than Afternic right now, thats for sure. I have no dedicated person at Afternic, and their listing software excludes some domains that are completely, 100% acceptable. Also, when adding domains to Afternic, it can take anywhere from a couple minutes to 10 minutes or more to respond to a list of 40 or 50 additions; but Sedo is fast.

I recently sold a domain at Sedo, and the buyer was lagging on completely the transfer, so Sedo moved the domain to their account so they could pay me; it was very good.

If you dont like Sedo, then pay twice the fee and use BuyDomains.

Kevin

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a thread! I deal a lot with Sedo. I really am surprised at the problems incurred here. I sold a domain through them in November, and the money was literally in my bank account within a couple days:approve:

It's been my experience that Sedo is a breeze compared with GoDaddy. I also deal with Fabulous and Moniker, and like them both.

From the press reports I have read, I do not think that Sedo is going bankrupt. Rather, from the price of their parent on the German Tech DAX, it appears that their profits are soaring.

SoCalBoy

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just recently sold a domain thru Sedo, communication was professional & courteous.
The buyer took 10 days to send pmt, but the rep at Sedo kept in touch with updates.
All ended well.

comfyjeans

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo needs to realize that an bad PR can spread like wildfire and one unhappy customer could result in a thread like this one. It is sad that a resolution to a problem has to escalate to this point to become resolved. It would seem that their people handling customer service should be better trained in the business aspect and maybe take an ethics class. I have read many threads about Sedo and their unethical practices. I feel uncomfortable having some domains there. I will be looking elsewhere for my domain parking needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom