Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEDO threatining account closure over "paid traffic source"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered an available domain on March 23rd, 2005 - "fpsmax.com". This domain has been parked at SEDO ever since and has earned me a whopping $0.31 with 8 clicks since then.

I get an email this morning from SEDO;

---------

"Hello from Sedo,

Thank you for using our parking program. During our routine parking traffic
check, we carried out a thorough analysis of your domains and found that
certain domains had traffic which was derived from paid sources. This e.g.
applies to:

fpsmax.com

Please note that using paid sources to drive unnatural traffic to domains
contravenes our Terms of Service:
^
http://www.sedo.com/about/agbs.php3?language=us

In order to protect our advertising partners and provide the best possible
service to our customers, we would like to inform you that any further
breach of our terms and conditions would result in the closure of your
parking account and the withholding of your parking earnings.

If you are using paid traffic sources to drive customers to your pages for
sale, then you can of course use a link to your domain offer page rather
than your parked page.
e.g.

<http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?language=us&domain=sneakers.com>

Thank you for your co-operation and we look forward to working with you in
the future.

Best Regards,

Your Sedo Team"

--------

I'd certainly like to hear how SEDO has arrived at this conclusion. I have certainly not paid for any traffic on this domain.

ChrisMacleod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got the same email this morning about one of my adult domains, earns next to nothing also. It gets a few hit because i have listed it as "For Sale" on my adult website, i certainly do not pay for any traffic.

cyberpacific

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got that one too :(

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
me too (sorry, but i did).

No reply yet from sedo..after i replied to their email.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got same email for previewhairstyle.com today, I had one view and no clicks this month on that name and i think i did that to see if it was still resolving. Last month it had 3 views with no clicks. I switched my names to fabulous, I dont want sedo saying at the end of the month they are withholding parking revenue, while I only make a little over 100 dollars a month I use that money to cover my reg fees

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
I switched my names to fabulous, I dont want sedo saying at the end of the month they are withholding parking revenue, while I only make a little over 100 dollars a month I use that money to cover my reg fees

Well thats the main issue here. If SEDO has a problem with a domain for any particular reason, I'm happy to remove it and park it with fabulous or domain sponsor. All they have to do is let me know.

Threatening to "withhold" (ie, keep and never payout) parking revenue over $0.31 in clicks and a violation to their TOS (a violation that never happened) is what makes this questionable.

I just bought a $2200 domain through SEDO last week. I guess I'll be finding my own broker and use my own escrow in the future if they can't be trusted with my money.

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was just about to post this,I got the same email for HoldemHeroes.com, which received a whopping 5 uniques in April and had ZERO clicks.Seriously Sedo,come on.
This month, I was also among the people who were "audited" and asked where their traffic came from.I explained my natural and typo traffic and all seems to be well.
I haven't been paid yet though.

markk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
holdemheros.com nice!. I just picked up pokerheros.com. Back on topic, I did not get an email from Sedo yet about this

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah i got it to, my domain ..

3 uniques 0 clicks

a true bunch of bs, but if they withhold enough account earnings each month, they'd be in for some nice profits (i feel this is what they are doing)?

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems a whole lot of people received this email erroneously, I wish Sedo would pop in and explain.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namewaiter said:
yeah i got it to, my domain ..

3 uniques 0 clicks

a true bunch of bs, but if they withhold enough account earnings each month, they'd be in for some nice profits (i feel this is what they are doing)?

I dont think profit is there motive because they will lose a lot more business from month to month on parked domains, then by just freezing/ taking 1 months revenue. I do beleive they are sincerely trying to prevent fraud. in my case 4 bucks a day isnt much but I have switched ppc companies and will probably just list my names for sale at sedo.

tm3500

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got the same email today for a domain that hasn't been hosted with Sedo for more than a month. Even back then, it was hardly making any money. (And just for the record, we never paid for traffic on that domain.) It looks like a temporary bug in their anti-fraud system.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
I dont think profit is there motive because they will lose a lot more business from month to month on parked domains, then by just freezing/ taking 1 months revenue. I do beleive they are sincerely trying to prevent fraud. in my case 4 bucks a day isnt much but I have switched ppc companies and will probably just list my names for sale at sedo.

no good point, i agree, but one thing's for sure - they are going to loose a ton of parking revenue!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
me too.. its just an auto generated.. email them back and let them know. Perhaps there was a problem with an autobot or something..

its all good..

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice to see i'm not the only one. I had a huge post written but I decided to wait until they reply to my emails to be fair. I guess i'll be waiting a fair while if they sent everyone the letters. I hate being called a cheat and to be honest Sedo is nowhere near transparent enough for us to dispute what their stats see if we use their DNS, good thing I use Fab DNS :cheeky:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Where's Ed when you need him?

TrafficNames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PPC companies stealing money ~ you can not make a good money out of ppc at all unless you own the ad company ~ I am tired of all these things ~ I just wonder how you people making money online.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
TrafficNames said:
PPC companies stealing money ~ you can not make a good money out of ppc at all unless you own the ad company ~ I am tired of all these things ~ I just wonder how you people making money online.

Where were you people when this thread was going on? :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom