Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEDO threatining account closure over "paid traffic source"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ED, Get off your Sedo pillow and answer these questions.

~Isis~

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LeftRightOut said:
Nice to see i'm not the only one. I had a huge post written but I decided to wait until they reply to my emails to be fair. I guess i'll be waiting a fair while if they sent everyone the letters. I hate being called a cheat and to be honest Sedo is nowhere near transparent enough for us to dispute what their stats see if we use their DNS, good thing I use Fab DNS :cheeky:

You know, that's one of the MAJOR reasons why i left sedo last year. At the time, i had several hundred domains parked there. I had two that were doing particularly well.... that's when i got the email.

I don't get it, shouldn't they have software that detects fraud? Shouldn't they be able to see what kind of traffic a site gets?

The second i got that email i made plans to transfer all domains out of sedo. I don't get it, they want you to park with them, but htey don't want you to make money with them....a scam, a fraud, and they lost a customer out of it...they were making money from my domains also!

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLtrader said:
I got same email for a domain which has these stats in last 32 days :--

2 Views collectively
0 Views per day on the average
0 Clicks collectively
0 Clicks per day on the average
$0.00 Revenue per day on the average
$0.00 Revenue collectively

I am sure these people do not know what they are talking about.

URL Trader

I agree that's a gem - definitely save that email! LOL!

After Sedo ripped me $117 off last year I knew Sedo was trouble and best avoided - more and more folks are coming to the same conclusion.

Sedo has lots of name recognition and all, but the cultural differences are killing them - their staff isn't responsive; frequently off, on holiday, etc...

Their customer service is lousy - Sedo has lost so much business due to treating customers poorly - Sedo rarely, if ever, admits fault to any problem - blames customers; deceptive marketing with lots of convoluted fine print/restrictions.

Sedo should do what many sponsors in the adult business (there are many parallels between PPC and adult) and retool their operations including more staff training/changing staff around, etc ... along with shelling out some big bucks to earn back/retain business with incentives, such as double payouts, cash rewards, etc; be creative.

Ron

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking for another parking sponser as we speak also.....you want to see madness? Let all of us dnforum posters unite and break away from sedo and see how much money they are will to withhold then.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
almost sounds to funny to be true.
Are you all sure these emails are coming from Sedo and not some spoofed email?
I havent received any such email, but If I do, I will move my entire portfolio there which is big.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed, probably got canned since sedo, lost it's control to another european company which is why he isn't responding to this and why all of this bulls**t is going on.

~Isis~

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
I havent received any such email, but If I do, I will move my entire portfolio there which is big.

It's not spoofed, cuz when i emailed them, they wrote me back a " oh, we just checked with our sources, and you weren't cheating..." letter...had it been a spoof, they would have said so

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:

Whether the emails are spoofed or not, the lack of response by Sedo to this highly active thread alone is problematic.

Also visit this DNF thread link below...

"Adlink buys sedo!"
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=93767

Ron

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will state again...."VIVA LA Revolution"

Player

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I myself have had monies taken away from me in past, approx $1200 one month about a year ago. My question again is...

What do Sedo do with revenue removed from ones account?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do Sedo do with revenue removed from ones account?

I could only guess but I believe it involves ice chips, a buffalo, and a nine iron....

It's funny I have been observing and sedo was on for more than an hour reading all the threads, and didn't answer with any new posts....I guess they need to call in the big guns or just hope this dies down.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo guys and gals are still sleeping ? Or too embarrased to face the truth that they messed up big time.

URL Trader

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These activities are very troubling indeed, and should be addressed by Sedo quickly. A lack of response is a concern for all who have accounts with them.

DD

S

SedoCoUk

Fanfare.
Ed Returns.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this everybody. Since I last saw it yesterday, it has exploded into a thread of Star Wars proportions.

We recently tweaked the parking control tool to be a little more stringent on PPC traffic and it seems to have caught a lot of you in the net who should have been left alone. Emailing people with 3 views and 0 clicks certainly isn't the exact way we'd like to proceed in this.

In addition, most of you have no idea why you got this mail and I would suggest the explanation is as follows: I believe that the domains mentioned were all domains which were not new registrations but drop catches. The PPC traffic is probably residual from your domains' previous lives.

The email was sent in an attempt to reinforce the fact that we do not allow PPC traffic for our parked domains but it seems to have been sent to people who had no idea they were doing this or had no idea that such traffic existed previously on their domains. Each response will be handled individually by myself or my colleagues in the US if you're a US customer.

I can only apologise to those who received these mails and reiterate that no innocent user's earnings have been or will be withheld for this. The warning at the end of the mail was certainly stronger in tone than many of you would have liked and I can assure you that you won't be blocked from parking for traffic which you can't control and your earnings will be paid as usual. In fact, we made the payments today, so you should have them by the end of the week.

I'm sure this will start another 4 pages of replies on the matter, but I hope this goes some way to at least showing you that we did not wish to threaten you in any way.

Email me with any of your thoughts. I'm sure there are many...

[email protected]

Ed

Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, who will handle us who are not US customers and received the same emails?
Will we be treated as fair as US customers?

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have received an email of apology and feel much better now.

URL Trader

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
In addition, most of you have no idea why you got this mail and I would suggest the explanation is as follows: I believe that the domains mentioned were all domains which were not new registrations but drop catches. The PPC traffic is probably residual from your domains' previous lives.

Thanks for replying Ed. Alot of people here and on other forums have specifically mentioned that thier names were in fact new or recent registrations.The domain I got emailed for was an original registration with no previous history,so I'm not sure this is the correct explanation for the mass errors.

I did receive an email reply from Eben today apologizing for the error,which was appreciated.

ChrisMacleod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yesonline said:
So, who will handle us who are not US customers and received the same emails?
Will we be treated as fair as US customers?

Yes - Ed handled my email.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ed, your "tweaking" is killing my valid traffic, discounts my clicks and reduces my income by implementing extreme PPC drops and non-authorized keyword changes. You guys have 1 chance to fix that chaos or you will be losing customers en masse.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SedoCoUk Emailing people with 3 views and 0 clicks certainly isn't the exact way we'd like to proceed in this.

So like um e-mailing them with 4 views and 1 click is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom