Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEDO threatining account closure over "paid traffic source"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rshldm

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am really eager to see Ed's response to this case. As so many people are encountering the same problem, some mistakes should be going on there.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a domain name in my account that is not resolving to the sedo DNS servers anymore. It is a site right now that doesn't belong to me. The name was sold few weeks ago, and before it was sold I received maybe .20c during 2 month from sedo
in revenue. Still, today I received the same letter from them claiming that this name
visited by paid listing. :), yes sedo, I paid to somebody to visit few times my domain
and get .20c from you. It is actually very frustraitng because some of us are waiting for few months to get this $100 from them, and they don't say anything before you actually somewhere near to payout :)

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me on OmarionPics.com...a domain receiving about 8-10 unique type ins/day .

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
me too - exact same email ! very odd and very unprofessional -
No reply yet from sedo..after i replied to their email like 16 hours ago.

same story a low traffic and clickthrough dn

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DCG - Having Sedo as a preferred partner on these forums, the least one could expect is one representative answering questions on a daily/alternate-day basis.

At least answering/commenting on them when a dozen people are worried about some issue.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All of this pisses me off, not just because off my experiences but with everyone elses also....If only I had the brains to start a domain parking site.

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Where were you people when this thread was going on? :-D

Maybe they count our beans just fine but we don't appreciate them labelling our beans as being paid for?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was with you on that thread Radistar. I even e-mailed Ed on that one, just got excuses no reasons.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure they are all busy at the SEDOPLEX as its PayOut Season(week) Probably snowed under with all the fraud cases.. and dont forget its holiday season and flu season..

the rumour is that someone is on holiday... but if anyone asks you didnt hear it from me

On that I shall bid you all good night, and till tomorrow.. I just got my new SEDO Quilt Overs.. and I am off for a wee snuggle...

nighty night boys :goofy:

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is the worst with sedo. I haven't heard once: "we were wrong, we are sorry".
"Our server was down, here is x% of revenue to compensate you." (domainsponsor does that)

Always excuses. Our dog eat the server. It was a public holiday in Monaco. etc...

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
All of this pisses me off, not just because off my experiences but with everyone elses also....If only I had the brains to start a domain parking site.

DNF Parking is the answer :cheeky:
or fabulous or domainSponsor, or Goldkey, or trafficz, or hitfarm, or domainspa or enom when they launch or godaddy when they launch or moniker when they launch. Did I miss anyone? I don't want to be biased :cheeky:

tm3500

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On a positive note, I received my revenue payment for April today, six days early! A pleasant surprise. Best of all, Sedo didn't deduct anything for the three domains they thought had showed "unusual traffic spikes" during April. So even though I didn't receive a reply, I assume that they accepted my explanation. I'm moving some of my domains back to them.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow. I've been telling people about one of my sedo links ( http://redhotforums.com ) and so far I've gotten about $15. Most of this traffic is probably from my school and the rest is from my friends houses. I hope I didn't pay anyone to click.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jojoyohan said:
I hope I didn't pay anyone to click.
You just paid me, that will be 50 dnf$. As you told me and I clicked on a sponser. lol
only kidding.

Capitalwebhost

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got one today too..for a domain (rubyrailstalk.com) that I put there about a month ago...lol..new domain, $0 and 4 clicks..yeah, I'm paying to drive traffic to it.

Sedo can suck my long domain name...pulling all my domains out of them.

ImUnlisted.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed that with 3 pages of mad customer, Sedo has yet to respond. Is their DNF rep on vacation?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
ImUnlisted.com said:
I noticed that with 3 pages of mad customer, Sedo has yet to respond. Is their DNF rep on vacation?

You haven't seen enough madness yet :-D

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got same email for a domain which has these stats in last 32 days :--

2 Views collectively
0 Views per day on the average
0 Clicks collectively
0 Clicks per day on the average
$0.00 Revenue per day on the average
$0.00 Revenue collectively

I am sure these people do not know what they are talking about.

URL Trader

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLtrader said:
I got same email for a domain which has these stats in last 32 days :--

2 Views collectively
0 Views per day on the average
0 Clicks collectively
0 Clicks per day on the average
$0.00 Revenue per day on the average
$0.00 Revenue collectively

ahaha that's gold Jerry, GOLD!

Sedo have replied elsewhere, looks like the account person for DNF has not had time yet. They were still in denial mode at the other place and quite frankly I would consider that reply very poor form.

My major concern is, does this error on sedo's behalf mean our accounts have now been warned once, and if anyone does anything to annoy sedo they will be banned straight away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom