Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo's "justify your selling price" comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've had about a dozen people a month make < $100 offers on name I know will fetch > $1,000, and that's part of the game of selling, no big deal.

But now when I respond, they reply with another $60 offer with the comment added "justify your selling price". I've taken the time to do that 3 times, and was a total waste of time EVERY time. Even if I tell them I make $50/month on parking alone, the offer goes to $70. And that's IF the person waits around another day to wait for my response to be approved.

Now, I just cancel the deal when they pull the 'justify your selling price' card.

Sedo -- please remove this comment. The seller sets his price and doesn't have to justify anything.

Domain Summit 2024

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
juniper .. i agree - puts the seller in a defensive position from the get-go

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me with a high profile domain. I simply cancel the lowball offer as well, once they don't respond to my counter-offer accordingly.

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe they should add a seller comment..justify your reason for the lowball offer.

JuniperPark said:
Ok, I've had about a dozen people a month make < $100 offers on name I know will fetch > $1,000, and that's part of the game of selling, no big deal.

But now when I respond, they reply with another $60 offer with the comment added "justify your selling price". I've taken the time to do that 3 times, and was a total waste of time EVERY time. Even if I tell them I make $50/month on parking alone, the offer goes to $70. And that's IF the person waits around another day to wait for my response to be approved.

Now, I just cancel the deal when they pull the 'justify your selling price' card.

Sedo -- please remove this comment. The seller sets his price and doesn't have to justify anything.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
ROFL

Or one that says "Get real, pal!" :-D

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought about suggesting replies when I made this first post, but they would come across as mean spirited. Some low-ballers eventually make an acceptable offer, so no need to tick them off. But if I DID, here are some possible replies:

- "You balls are low; obtain sack and return"
- "Sorry, Mr. Trump, but you've failed to impress me"
- "Move out of Mom's basement, get a job, and come back with a REAL offer"
- "Please justify your lack of a real budget"

See? Canned responses are not a good idea :)

yonimlm

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL Hilarious....

But ye... I agree... I had 2 of those $100-$200 on a domain I denied $45,000 offer previously... It's funny at first but gets annoying as #### later on.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually had this very situation happen recently, and when I tried to give him my "justification" with the same price Sedo delivered the price to him but sat on the explanation so long that he cancelled the negotiation before he ever got it.

I agree - this process needs some work.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i will only counter offer once.

if buyer counter offer with more than 10% difference, i just cancel.

no need to waste time justifying, obviously the buyer does not know the value so he does not consider potential buyer.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
amazing.
So you mean the cancel button now works?

I just stopped using it since it never works for me.
Maybe they fixed it?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just cancelled one.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its odd i have one name that two people are making offers on the first started at $60 then $65 then $75 and now gone up to $80, i have cnacelled the offers as he has plainly ignored my off back..., the 2nd started at $300, so at leaset one person is serious..

you can guess which offer i may reply to... but if they are really interested you would think they would look at the whois?

wilco

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there was a gigantic discussion a while back about how we couldnt cancel offers unless you put a price there first, and then still it didnt work.
So what I did is I just ignord the low ball offers all this time.
I'll try cancelling one when I get a low ball offer.

HardwareGeeks

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You mean people actually use sedo to make you offers? I haven't had one offer on Sedo but have had 3 people contact me and make an offer. I am only guessing that they got the email listed from the whois.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get many offers from Sedo, although few are 'serious'.
it a great place to sell.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cancel works, but you have to enter a counteroffer first. So to go from getting a lowball offer to deleting it from your list you have to go through quite a few screens... counteroffer, confirm, cancel negotiations, confirm, delete negotiations, confirm. They need one button: FLUSH

ClasP

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i quite like the 'justify your price' response...most sellers are dreaming with their prices so it makes me laugh when i get someone asking for $$$$$ for a domain which has every other extension available except the .com which theyre selling.......

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
When I get lowball offers followed by a Justify your price - I simply cancel the transaction. Some buyers have no clue & I don't have time to deal with timewasters.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bid Thread for domain that I have received offers for more than $10000:
Buyer - $60
Me - $20000
Buyer - $65 'justify your price'
Me - Cancel
Increase minimum offer price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom