Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Selling @ Sedo auction is a real nightmare. Non paying buyers. Share your experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 107k in unpaid sales at sedo for the last 2 months , the situation has gone really bad

Domain Days 2024
S

SedoCoUk

Hi everyone,

Please PM your Sedo usernames and I'll look into these situations for you.

Thanks,
Monica

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a nice letter from Sedo today telling me that my very first sale has fallen through due to their being unable to contact the buyer. It's disappointing, especially because it was my first, but I'm being philosophical about it. Someone else might come along and offer more for it.

Sedo asked if I wanted to take the legal route but to me that sounds like money and would hardly be worth it for the amount involved. But considering the trouble I had to go to to be verified at Sedo, presumably the nonpayer won't be allowed to make any more offers. Or is there some way he can return under a different ID?

Last edited:

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a very bad experience with Sedo recently. It is harsh to believe a sale is finished to find out the buyer disappears. Sedo sent me the name and address they get. Yes, it seems it is easier to register as a buyer than a seller. A seller has to be listed on the whois and the buyer only needs an email account.

I actually found the guys and they have tried from Moniker and Afternic to grab the domain - pretty sad state of affairs. All leads back to some bogus 24 Hour Corp dot com buying up domains all over. They must have some kind of stepped financing and buy too much all the time. They have no honesty in their dealings actually and are a farce to deal with.

I would be interested to know if anyone else had dealing with the 24hourcorp with a San Francisco address?

Sedo, nor any of the others, can force a buyer to pay or a seller to sell. In the end it is the people entering the deal and their willingness to make it happen. So it is buyers (sometimes sellers) that are to blame in these cases.

Also, I saw that NWO sell and thought you had a good price. Good domain! So it fell through too? Sedo was responsive to me and gave me the contract to pursue which is their "terms of agreement". But they cannot give the email or IP from the buyer and other things due to privacy laws in the EU. I tracked my beats by their droppings in the Domain world.

I could write a book about the last 5 months as they pursued one of my domains.

I think Sedo becomes a fancy Escrow account and advertising platform for its 10 percent vig. I do very well with parking there. Better than all the rest and I tried most of them.

hypertext

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are your experiences in terms of spotting fake buyers when they bid? I got a mid-five figure bid today on a domain but it was an uneven number like GBP XX,452. Wouldn't someone bid like GBP XX,000 or GBP XX,500?

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone suggest a good reliable Sedo rep in Boston (USA) office? Please PM me with the name and email address/phone #. I will really appreciate it.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I must have about 30 domains that were never paid at sedo.
I lost count... :(

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I recently listed a domain on sedo, and it took buyer almost 2 weeks to pay. In the meantime, i listed the domain elsewhere and sold it. Then sedo rep calls me and tells me that i had to go through with transaction...and that within first 5 days of buyer not paying ...i have to contact them and let them know. Like somehow this is my responsibility that the buyer didn't pay (this happens ALL the time).

I login to my sedo account today and it is closed. Love the service. So now i have to wait weeks for non paying bidders and when they don't pay ...they don't get punished but the sellers get punished when they seek elsewhere to sell their domain.

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought after 10 days of non-payment you were free to go elsewhere? I'm sure that's what they say when your a buyer anyway.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost 2 weeks is not a long time. Especially if it was a lot of money.
It takes 1-2 working days to send a wire and 3-5 days for the wire to reach sedo. Then 1-2 days for sedo to acknoledge it.
I guess you were on a hurry or you got a higher offer.

I recently listed a domain on sedo, and it took buyer almost 2 weeks to pay. In the meantime, i listed the domain elsewhere and sold it. Then sedo rep calls me and tells me that i had to go through with transaction...and that within first 5 days of buyer not paying ...i have to contact them and let them know. Like somehow this is my responsibility that the buyer didn't pay (this happens ALL the time).

I login to my sedo account today and it is closed. Love the service. So now i have to wait weeks for non paying bidders and when they don't pay ...they don't get punished but the sellers get punished when they seek elsewhere to sell their domain.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A deal that inches forward can be extremely frustrating. I pay instantly, I have the same high expectations from others. It's part of the business. Read this as well about the pains of the industry we're in :D

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently listed a domain on sedo, and it took buyer almost 2 weeks to pay...

Sometimes even when the buyer pays instantly, Sedo will delay the transaction for no reason. In my case it seems Sedo didn't receive payment from the buyer for a month, but it was Sedo themselves who took at least a week to release payment to my paypal account. :sigh2:

malmar2

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it worth posting non payer details on the forums?

Sedo have given me details of a deadbeat payer, but has anyone successfully got payment by going direct?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I only had 2 deadbeat bidders, I posted their details here. Since Sedo does not reveal their full contact info, such as email and phone number citing "privacy" concerns, there is little that you can do taking the matter directly, other than filing a lawsuit and having a bailiff deliver the papers to the address provided.

When the seller's full contact info is available to the buyer at the time of the bidding, the buyer's full info should be disclosed on the contract as well. Sedo does not do that as European privacy laws are extremely tighter than those in the US. IMO, this is just bs.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I find more annoying than anything is the fact that I've been able to find an email on 3 of my non-paying auctions through the contract info posted and have gotten payments for all within a week.

I can tell they really worked hard to enforce the deal. :rolleyes:

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone suggest a good reliable Sedo rep in Boston (USA) office? Please PM me with the name and email address/phone #. I will really appreciate it.
Stay away from Erich! Super rude and very unprofessional.

Keith seems to be a good guy to work with. PM on the way.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some brokers are clearly more proactive than others when it comes to following up on payments etc. Others seems to be asleep and waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom