Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Selling @ Sedo auction is a real nightmare. Non paying buyers. Share your experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently won a name and was sent the auth code.
Now that i try transferring the name, sedo is rejecting the transaction and i get a "transaction failed" from my registrar. I'm told to contact SEDO but i just cant get an answer from them. The reason showing up at the registrar is tht I have an "Invalid Authcode"
How the hell did Sedo manage to send me an Invalid authcode? Been 3 days since i put up the question without a response. Are SEDO offices and customer support closed during the weekend?

Domain Days 2024

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Closed and locked.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, let's not be so quick to blame the client.

I won a name that was about 8k, never got contact from Sedo, then got a PM from the seller asking me what's going on. I responded that Sedo had not gotten in touch with me but I still wantedthe name. He had sold it to someone else due to the time delay.

I think we rely too much on email contact and sometimes auction houses should pick up the phone and call the buyers.

-=DCG=-

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A deal that inches forward can be extremely frustrating. I pay instantly, I have the same high expectations from others. It's part of the business. Read this as well about the pains of the industry we're in :D

Outstanding article. This is what the 24 Hour Corp was doing! I also am pleased to see there is a name for this immoral technique and it is not just some anomaly. Damn Gazunders! I foretell a bumpy ride for them.

I have refused their later offers from the other brokers, as they wanted to lower the price. Dollars for euros sort of. It was my first sale with Sedo.

I Park with Sedo and they do great for the domains that bring traffic if I can find the niche keywords for them. The rest bite. I am all for creating something on the names and getting them some search juice.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I met Kathy Nielsen of Sedo at TRAFFIC. Naturally, she was extremely nice and mentioned that the current certification tiering introduced for the auctions will soon apply to all offers. So that's a great step forward.

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I met Kathy Nielsen of Sedo at TRAFFIC. Naturally, she was extremely nice and mentioned that the current certification tiering introduced for the auctions will soon apply to all offers. So that's a great step forward.

what's this "certification tiering" ??

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Sedo is seeing that the beats are increasing so "certification tiering" appears to be the process they do for the big domains, like america.com for a million or more, to enter the bidding process. There was a box for special registration. Special meaning you have to prove who you are. I complained to them that domain owners must be registered as the registrant and prove their ownership but buyers need only have an email. Nice way to call qualifying a buyer. I think all buyers should be qualified at least at some 1000 or AT LEAST at the 10k bidding. I have had a lot of clowns.

S

SedoCoUk

what's this "certification tiering" ??

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

Hello,

Last week, Sedo introduced new methods for certification to ensure a safer and smoother marketplace. Sedo offers three levels of Member Certification. Depending on your participation in Sedo’s services, you will need to choose one of the three options listed below:

Standard Member Certification:

This option is for the typical Sedo member and is required to participate in most Sedo services such as selling, buying, and parking domains.

Premium Certification:

This option is for Sedo members who wish to place offers greater than 10,000 USD/EUR/GBP in any Sedo/GreatDomains Premium Auction Event. Submission of a certification application, a bank statement or utility bill, and a photo ID are required.

This level of certification includes the features of Standard Member Certification, and gives you greater access to Sedo’s award-winning services.

Premium Plus Certification:

This option is for Sedo members who wish to place offers greater than 100,000 USD/EUR/GBP in any Sedo/GreatDomains Premium Auction Event. Submission of a certification application, a bank statement or utility bill, and a photo ID are required along with a 1,000 USD/EUR/GBP security deposit.

This level of certification includes the features of Standard and Premium Certification, and gives you the greatest access to Sedo’s award-winning services.

Please visit the general Member Certification page to get started on certifying your Sedo account.

I hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
Monica

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thank you for the info Monica...

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Please PM your Sedo usernames and I'll look into these situations for you.

Thanks,
Monica

Monica has helped me take care of multiple issues, sales being among them. If you guys are worried about a sale not going through I suggest you all take her up on her offer above. She has been very helpful to me. :eek:k:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom