Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

sheds.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
current price $2,050.00

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Pool.com model is brilliantly conceived - it's basically extracting near end-user prices up front out of prospective domain registrants!

Of course, $2,000 is very little when you think that's about the same price as a couple of large sheds. For a company that sells hundreds of sheds a year, the "name value" would probably be much higher still.

If anything, this thread also illustrates how stupid it is to post about dropping names just BEFORE they drop! I'll bet there are at least half a dozen extra potential Pool "Sheds.net" bidders purely because of this thread...

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edwin, the snap had gone, NW winner had bids on it... and we all know when names are going to drop!!.. before i posted this thread...

call me eager rather than stupid.. if you don't mind...

thanks

andrew

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All I know is that if there was a name I really really wanted, I'd keep VERY quiet about it and hope the bids wouldn't get too crazy at one of the minor drop catchers. Then I'd put a bid on at the last minute and cross all fingers and other extremities, and hope for the best...

Contrast that with saying (essentially) "Hey, there's this great name I REALLY want dropping in a few days' time..."

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok....

:D

shall we call this thread closed..... and get back to reality me to my shed and you pros back to your business..

wilco

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Edwin
The Pool.com model is brilliantly conceived - it's basically extracting near end-user prices up front out of prospective domain registrants!

I can`t agree with that! I think the prices will be lower then in namewinner, You can`t make a conclusion with only one name. (sheds.net)

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's difficult to compare the two different systems (Pool and NW). And Namewinner has a much longer history with an established customer base. Time will tell. :)

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stuff

I can`t agree with that! I think the prices will be lower then in namewinner, You can`t make a conclusion with only one name. (sheds.net)

I think the opposite is true if you only look at the top bids on the names NW succeeds in getting. If a name has a $100,000 bid (for example) but they didn't get it, it's irrelevant.

Over time, I believe that the Pool.com model will end up in a higher average final bid price than the NW average.

See also Seen.com, caught by Pool.com and at $7,000+ already now. And that's money Pool.com is GUARANTEED to get, whereas NW bids are just fantasy money unless they catch the name.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

See also Seen.com, caught by Pool.com and at $7,000+ already now. And that's money Pool.com is GUARANTEED to get, whereas NW bids are just fantasy money unless they catch the name.

Yes but namewinner bid was over $10K. Ok, I think that it will raise in pool also, but over $10K?

If You make in namewinner Your bids, then You think I think "I will MAYBE get it, but maybe not" I make $10K bid on that name, maybe I get it, but in pool.com You already know a they got the name, "ok I will bid $7K for it, its not worth more to me "

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I think the opposite is true if you only look at the top bids on the names NW succeeds in getting. If a name has a $100,000 bid (for example) but they didn't get it, it's irrelevant.

Over time, I believe that the Pool.com model will end up in a higher average final bid price than the NW average.

Seen.com winning bid $7,100.00, so over $3k LOWER THEN IN NAMEWINNER.

M

mole

Edwin, your comments are unwarranted imho. Of course, you hate losing your snap on this. You can of course try bidding over my $2k to challenge a questionable proxy command activated. But the point has been clearly made, WLS must take over this madness.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seen.com, don't really see a use for this domain really. Not worth $7000, imho.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
by the way, I prefer no WLS. You guys are crazy if you want this.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3

I agree!

M

mole

Originally posted by jh3

What's the alternative jh, $7k for a loser name?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

What's the alternative jh, $7k for a loser name?

In this moment everyone has a change to get the name!
WLS - NO CHANGE

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Of course, $2,000 is very little when you think that's about the same price as a couple of large sheds. For a company that sells hundreds of sheds a year, the "name value" would probably be much higher still.
A couple! I just sold a shed this morning for a little under $9000. Of course it is a very large pool cabana.

If anything, this thread also illustrates how stupid it is to post about dropping names just BEFORE they drop! I'll bet there are at least half a dozen extra potential Pool "Sheds.net" bidders purely because of this thread...

Believe me it sure seems like there are more bidders.

What baffles me are people who think $2500-$3000 is a lot of dough??? My advertising budget for this weekend is 1.5 times this amount. If I market sheds.net and get a little type in traffic it pays for itself IMMEDIATELY! Of course not to mention the vanity as well:D

I guess some of us just look at our businesses differently.

John

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edwin, I enjoy your clearity of thought.

As for WLS, we will know within the next thirty days if we will continue in the domain business. Or, we will become "hedge traders".

John, you are correct that some of the higher cost for domains is still a small amount to its potential worth.

That is why you see BuyDomains buying some of these domains at a high price. But, I also see that BD is trying to be that "one stop shop" for names. Plus, the average cost of their domains is still slow since they are buying in a range of ($ 7 - 1,000).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom