Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sitepoint.com imposes listing fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericTypo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been watching sitepoint daily as part of my regular forums "walk"
It did remove all the crap sites built in one day and sold for a quick buck etc. What they do have now are a few with deep pockets paying big bucks for decent sites, one just sold 2 days ago for $200,000 in 30 minutes (the fellow buys everything decent for bin)

Smaller buyers like me dont find that many opportunities there now, but maybe that was the plan

I think it would be better to have an area for turnkey,one month old sites and another posting area for established (6 mths min) developed sites..Actually it would be great for dnf to have that seperation too

My 2 cents

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I listed sites at sitepoint for sale and don't mind paying the $10 listing fee. I don't see why so many members here are complaining about it. If you don't like it, you don't have to pay, It is as simple as that. If you are too cheap to pay $10 to sell a quality site to qualified members, then stop joining forums. This is a business and in a business, everyone has to make money. Same thing happened here when they installed membership fees. Initially there was a small revolt against DNF, some members left, but now its a better quality forum for that. Same thing with sitepoint.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Good luck paying Sitepoint the tenner; their audience is kids with pocket money. I'll pay Ebay first before I pay Sitepoint or any other non-domain specific forum money to place a listing. If you have money to waste, looking forward to seeing your posts at SP.

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Note that there has not been one domain sale posted since the new $9.95 fee was implemented August 22nd.

The fee worked for developed sites. It's not going over to well for domain sales.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can understand websites... but domain names?

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I listed sites at sitepoint for sale and don't mind paying the $10 listing fee. I don't see why so many members here are complaining about it. If you don't like it, you don't have to pay, It is as simple as that. If you are too cheap to pay $10 to sell a quality site to qualified members, then stop joining forums.

It hurts us "Small Time, Getting Into The Business" type of people.

Jon

DNF Regular
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
their audience is kids with pocket money
Sorry but that’s just wrong. I have made plenty of $x,xxx and $xx,xxx sales at sitepoint.

If people are still listing websites and domains (which they are), who can blame them? They just want to make money, just like everybody else.

SuperBrandables

SuperBrandables.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had far more and better results at DNF, NP, and DS than I ever did at SP. I for one will not be listing anything there any longer. Not for $9.95 per thread!!!

It will be interesting to see what happens to them now.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The backlash will be a-plenty; many posters there mention Name**** as their new outlet - obviously I had to recommend DNForum.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$9.95 for making a post is a little overboard in my opinion ... yes i realize that forums need to make money for the upkeep. I think it might go over a little better if they just charged a small percentage of the sale amount, only if the domain/website was sold. Just my two cents cuz i've never even been to the site personally.

Kishin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe mmj cleared it up and its $10 for all future posts in the domain name forums at SP.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not sure where you read that. It's that much per thread, not as a flat fee.

Kishin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood,did he mean as many domain names per thread or for ever?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
He said one can list as many domains as they want per thread and each such thread has a $9.95 fee.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Now they've added "testimonials" in their sales pitch:
http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/createlisting.php?id=21

There hasn't been a single sale since they implemented the $9.95 / post rule, and yet they want us to believe the following is true:

"For $99, I listed my website on a supposedly high-traffic website and found no interested buyer in almost 2 months. Then I remembered SitePoint, posted my ad for only $9.95, and got responses from 3 serious buyers the very same day! The transaction was painless and was completed just one week later. Thank you SitePoint! Sebastien Rosset"

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If he sold a web site - as opposed to a domain - then it is deceptive moreso. Also, I haven't seen a single new domain for sale list since the fees were implemented. Sure it's cleaner now, there are no new posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom