Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

SnapNames Down again & again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like it...I still can't get in...

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if their drop-catching system is working in the "background", even if the Snapnames front-end/site is down. If not they must lose a lot of money on all this downtime. If it is, it's really not a big deal, as they will catch expired names and postpone the auctions.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are probably still working in the background but they are losing credibility with these outages. Don't get me wrong, I love snap and the people that work there are great but I would like an explanation.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder if their drop-catching system is working in the "background", even if the Snapnames front-end/site is down. If not they must lose a lot of money on all this downtime. If it is, it's really not a big deal, as they will catch expired names and postpone the auctions.

I can confirm during one of their last "updates", their system was indeed down, and they were no longer catching drops. Obviously ongoing auctions were kept alive, but that was it. I got burned badly on about 12 pending drops, that ended up going to auction elsewhere. I guess that's what I get for making assumptions.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can confirm during one of their last "updates", their system was indeed down, and they were no longer catching drops. Obviously ongoing auctions were kept alive, but that was it. I got burned badly on about 12 pending drops, that ended up going to auction elsewhere. I guess that's what I get for making assumptions.

I guess NameJet/Pool will get more biz then, each time Snap is down. :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Page won't load for me.

When Snapnames was down, Pool worked wonders for me. I didn't have to deal with the dirty frontrunner, Senor Halvarez.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Page won't load for me.

When Snapnames was down, Pool worked wonders for me. I didn't have to deal with the dirty frontrunner, Senor Halvarez.

Why won't they deal with Halvarez finally?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Why won't they deal with Halvarez finally?

They perceive that what he does is legit. But it's surely unethical.
Snapnames needs to randomize the starting time of auctions. This guy adds his bid 5 minutes before an auction starts - only if it already has bids. There is a big difference in the psychology of a bidder, when they are alone in an auction vs. having co-bidders. So predictable is halvarez, that once someone pulled out of the auction after halvarez hopped on it minutes before it started, thus making him the sole bidder :D the end result being that halvarez asked Snapnapes to cancel the auction! Make your own conclusions.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least one domain from my watchlist of today was grabbed by one of directi/answerable.com registrars. They work for snapnames. So snap MIGHT still catch something today.
If so, it is good for those who preordered domains for todays drop earlier... and bad for those who usually wait for the last minute to preorder... there would be less competition for the domains grabbed by snap today.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So what happens when you know Snap got the name three days ago and you were then in an auction with another bidder?

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Snapnames is still down Monday. They never used to have all these down times, what is wrong with them now ??.

DG

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still down at 11:15 CST Monday ...

Adapt Web

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Snap, how about some status for your customers here at DNF?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Telephone: 1-800-385-4075 (toll-free in the U.S.) During PDT business hours.
+1-503-241-8547 (outside the U.S.)

===============

I just called their number. Even though the landing page says Sunday auctions will occur Monday, the answering machine says:

Sunday's auctions will now happen Tuesday.
Monday's auctions will now occur Wednesday.

No reason was given for the outage.

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is pathetic. Snap caught a name i wanted but i was unable to backorder with them due to the outage. Very unfair.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is pathetic. Snap caught a name i wanted but i was unable to backorder with them due to the outage. Very unfair.
What an unexpected positive side of early backorders... Somebody else must have backordered it earlier, and due to current unfortunate snapnames situation there would be less members in this auction when they run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom