Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

some domainers are so confused, that they....

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would never use guestibot in a sales thread. Those appraisals are not very helpful and buyers don't respect their "opinions", with good reason.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Few appraisals are reliable. Similar sales, are usually a good indicator.

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't let others tell You how to price anything.
What is crap for one can be gold for another.

One example of the many:
tucows.com ---> Just Two Cows.
godaddy.com ---> Go, Daddy!
Etc.

I don't think you can can depend on appraisers alone to value a domain. If you work a market long enough, you get a feel for a domains value. Consider that if the appraiser says "comparable sales for two word domains were $xxx" and those two words doen't match well against your domain word choice. Not sure how estibot does it, but it's just as easy to look at recent sales for comparibles and what's available for pickings on the market at what price today. You will probably think more about the value yourself this way compared to paying someone $50 for an thoughtless appraisal.

Not defending anyone new. I'm pretty new here too.

Don't let others tell us what to sell our things for - Nobody is obliged to pay whatever. There is no right price for anything - Only what is effectively paid.
Value estimation is a matter of reference - Totally subjective, thus.
Value cannot be objective, because it is person-related.
So it cannot be scientific in any way.
It is a matter of belief/acceptance.
Look what Google says for: scientific domain appraisals
And it comes before ... Right, the Big Appraisers.
Anyway, who wants to pay for advice is free to do so.
Do not hesitate to ask me for advice.
We can negotiate a fair price ...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One example of the many:
tucows.com ---> Just Two Cows.
godaddy.com ---> Go, Daddy!
Etc.
Famous brands like these, or Yahoo or DNForum, are NOT very good examples. They are BRANDS more than DOMAINS. For example, Tucows is a made-up name, so basically it is worth nothing except because it has ALREADY got a successful publicly traded company behind. The same goes with GoDaddy.com and Yahoo.com.

The tricky part about PRICING is that, while you can ask for whatever you like (like a million dollars for e.g. ajs-kdl-f.vg), it has to be realistic to be relevant.

LUCK plays a role in all things in life, including reviving crash victims, finding a perfect apartment, AND guess what, selling your domains. However, does that mean there is no *science* in say real estates or medical practice? Of course, not.

Where are my 2 cents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom