Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Somebody hack my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoxo11

DNForum Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very strange.
I was ou for vacations and today i posted 2 good names to sell.
Both at namecheap.com.
The buyer check the whois and ask me why i am not the real ownwer like whois....why..I go to my account and the 2 names not more ijn my account.
Whois hostry tell me that are now in namewcheap with a new Turkey owner.....I never push the names.All was done on Aug 30th ...I was travelling and not checking nothing these week..
I am crazy , i contacted namecheap for an answer..
waiting..they have only email contact not any phone support:sigh2:
Any suggestion ?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Do you ever use chat programs like AIM, Yahoo, MSN?
If you do, don't. They can deliver trojans that can record keystrokes and thus access your accounts.

eCommando

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone hacked into my accounts at GoDaddy and Moniker also. They transferred around 120 names. I sent an email to Moniker and Moniker pushed the names back into my account the next day. But my GoDaddy domains have been transferred to dotRegistrar. I contacted them about the situation and they are investigating. It happened around the same time -- during the last week of August. The weird thing is when you whois the domains that were fraudulently transferred to dotRegistrar, the contact info says "NOT FOUND".

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Someone hacked into my accounts at GoDaddy and Moniker also. They transferred around 120 names. I sent an email to Moniker and Moniker pushed the names back into my account the next day. But my GoDaddy domains have been transferred to dotRegistrar. I contacted them about the situation and they are investigating. It happened around the same time -- during the last week of August. The weird thing is when you whois the domains that were fraudulently transferred to dotRegistrar, the contact info says "NOT FOUND".

all this is really disturbing to hear. i hope someone catches these thieves and brings them to task. :veryangry:

I wud tho make sure my email hasnt been hacked first and go from there on to my accounts.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This hacking thing is getting a general thing happening on daily basis and to almost everyone just a few days ago my friends account was hacked on another forum

xoxo11

DNForum Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thnaks to all.
Good news.
The domains are back to my account.3 emails to namecheap.com,and the issue was solved without any explication from namecheap.com.
This thread is closed now with happy end!

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Jorge! I am glad it was resolved so quickly! ;-)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you ever use chat programs like AIM, Yahoo, MSN?
If you do, don't. They can deliver trojans that can record keystrokes and thus access your accounts.

Acro,

Is there a way of preventing recording of key strokes? I had this happen to me once, but I caught it early and I did not have any chat programs installed....Would using FireFox be more secure in this regard?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I mentioned chat programs, in particular AIM, that have vulnerabilities and allow remote connections that deliver trojans. Obviously, you can get the latter from other sources, such as email, visiting compromised web pages etc. Use a firewall, antivirus software, do not engage in chat with connections you did not initiate.

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
xoxo11 did you recorded the details of the whois if so can you pm it to me ?
If you are using msn it is better to use it with a non-hotmail email account cause it has some xss vunerabilities.Do not click on links send from msn that way you can lose your password.

It is weird that there is not good security for domains although they are valuable , at least you could appoint unsellable and unmoveable domains.There are domains that I'll never sell and that simple option is not available.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is no harm in using chat programs like msn as long as you know what are you doing , i have been using them since i have started using Internet MSN is my favorite and there have been no problems ever and yes using Firefox is the safest option i am big fan of Microsoft but honestly Microsoft has gone wrong with Internet Explorer just use Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom