Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.St US State domains for sale - 37 in all including Florida.St

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
US .St State Domain Portfolio
For Sale

We are now offering for sale the US .St State domain portfolio which consists of 37 of the 50 US States (5 of the State domain names are hyphenated) representing over 74% of the total US population. This potentially powerful portfolio has been built up over nearly two years.

Obviously the portfolio cannot be in any way equated on a domaining level with what such a portfolio in the .com suffix would be valued at. However, due to the '.St' suffix easily being manipulated as the abbreviation for 'State' (and it is an official abbreviation for it) then this portfolio can be loosely compared with lesser gTLD suffixes. We would argue that not in the present situation with the .net suffix but somewhere along the .info suffix lines.

The portfolio consists of the following State domain names

• Arizona.St
  • Colorado.St
  • Florida.St
  • Georgia.St
  • Hawaii.St
  • Illinois.St
  • Iowa.St
  • Kansas.St
  • Kentucky.St
  • Louisiana.St
  • Maine.St
  • Maryland.St
  • Massachusetts.St
  • Michigan.St
  • Minnesota.St
  • Nevada.St
  • New-Hampshire.St
  • New-York.St
  • NewJersey.St
  • NewMexico.St
  • North-Dakota.St
  • NorthCarolina.St
  • Ohio.St
  • Oklahoma.St
  • Oregon.St
  • Pennsylvania.St
  • RhodeIsland.St
  • South-Carolina.St
  • SouthDakota.St
  • Texas.St
  • Utah.St
  • Vermont.St
  • Washington.St
  • West-Virginia.St
  • Wisconsin.St
  • Wyoming.St

This portfolio is ripe for development into one of the most comprehensive US geo domain portfolios.

At the moment we are looking to sell as a whole portfolio, although if individuals would like to make offers on individual State domain names we will take note of such individual offers and should a significant number of individual offers be made we will consider selling the domains seperately.

Recent US Geographic (State) sales have includuded the following:

New-York.info (3/18/06).......$22,405
Ohio.org (4/11/06)..............$30,000
Nevada.info (10/31/06)........$13,162
NewYork.info (9/19/06)........$46,392
NewYork.info (7/27/07)........$70,000

As can be seen domain names have significantly increasing year on year - estimated to be overall 30%.

The .info suffix is not well known, indeed it is less well known in the US than outside the US. The .St suffix is even less well known as a suffix than the .info suffix, although to counter this it is the 'logical extension' for the State domain names.

The value of this portfolio is enhance by the shear size of it, 37 States, or 74% of the States are represented (coincidentally the same approximate figure of US population represented by the portfolio).

All domains are registered at www.nic.st and fall for renewal mainly on 5th March 2008 or later, though Washington.St is due for renewal on the 7th Febuary, 2008. Individual domain registrations and renewals are priced at 35 Euros (approx. $50) a year, although this can be substantially reduced by joining the nic.st 'Partner program'.

Please PM your offers to us either for the whole portfolio or for individual States (please see above though).

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to PM us.

Payment shall be through the escrow service Escrow.com with fees split 50/50.

This is a multi-forum post.

I have been asked the prices wanted for each State and how I work them out, my answer is simple, make an offer and we can take it from there. Generally I base value on population (although some other factors do come into valuations as well such as major tourism centers and Overture searches). Obviously if the State is hyphenated it is worth less than if it were not.

I hope this helps.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been asked the prices wanted for each State and how I work them out, my answer is simple, make an offer and we can take it from there. Generally I base value on population (although some other factors do come into valuations as well such as major tourism centers and Overture searches). Obviously if the State is hyphenated it is worth less than if it were not.

Overall a simple rule of thumb is $500 per million population, if the name is hyphenated then $250 per million population.

I hope this helps.

So far have low-ball offers on three States:

Florida.St $100
Nevada.St $200
Washington $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators