Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion Stay Calm in Situations You Can't Control

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do you think it's an indicator of? Think of reasons why people commit suicide. Let's just look at one.
Suicide is an indicator of not knowing how to handle it or not having the tools to properly handle it at that very second.

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for finally agreeing with me.
I'm puzzled how I'm agreeing with you with this statement?
Suicide is an indicator of not knowing how to handle it or not having the tools to properly handle it at that very second.
As the original quote is this:
God is on the throne. He sometimes tests faithfulness but never gives us more than we can handle.
I guess I'm just a bit confused. How is not knowing how to handle something or not being able to have the tools at that very moment to handle something God giving us more than we can handle? You could always have turned to God and asked him at that moment how you can handle it in order to know how to handle it, correct? You have to take responsibility at some point. I think that's where you and I have the disconnect to have to agree to disagree because you're coming from a very agnostic to atheist approach while I'm not.

Level 4
Reaction score
Interesting debate...
You could always have turned to God and asked him at that moment how you can handle it in order to know how to handle it, correct? You have to take responsibility at some
I've tried the hotline on multiple occasions... He seems to be pretty preoccupied at times as he didn't answer... Then you try again, and again... Still... no answer.

That quote is about hope and faith. Calling upon God won't guarantee you're answered or be given a satisfactory solution. There's evil at play as well ... messing about ... in a weak moment....

Not regarding suicide btw....

but... As it's being mentioned... if you're in the situation, better call upon an earthly lifeline first, worry about getting in touch with the big guy later.

You have to take responsibility at some point. I think that's where you and I have the disconnect to have to agree to disagree because you're coming from a very agnostic to atheist approach while I'm not.

True... But let's be real... Some people have been dealt with real shitty cards. In the real world it doesn't (always) work like that. Has nothing to do with being agnostic or being an atheist... Just being realistic... God isn't gonna save everybody looking for help. That's the point and sometimes I also , being a Christian, struggle with that...

It's a valid question to raise for someone who's not a Christian/ religious.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You really can't go wrong with it. I keep it as a daily reminder so I don't get stressed out at the things that I can't control.

It helps, I suppose.
There are so many things in life we can't control.

Sage advice there.
Yup, I think so.
God is on the throne. He sometimes tests faithfulness but never gives us more than we can handle. And what the enemy intends for evil is invariably used for good.

#BeEpik
I'm not sure what this means but thanks @robmonster.

This is a very touchy subject for me which I think you can see why by looking at my avatar but don't worry,
We appreciate your service. 🙏🏽

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom