Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Stolen VB License

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesOH

Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've recently purchased a VB license off someone. On purchasing the license i asked for it to be transfered into my name.

VB came back to me and said it wont be a problem but due to the fact 3 forums are running using my license number it wont be possible. They then suspended the license.

Now they give me a list of the 3 sites that are illegally using my license.

http://forums.tutorengine.com/
http://www.razino.com/ This was the persons who sold it VB and its now been sorted.
http://www.computerproblems.org/forums/

One has been taken down promptly (razino.com)

One hasnt responded (tutorengine.com)

And one has told me that its his VB license and he doesnt care what i say he's not removing it, he's also banned me from the board and put my emails on ignore (very proffesional).

Whats my best course of action here?

Get a solisitor involved? go to the people who provide the servers for these people?

Hope people can help as i need the VB up ASAP.

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dont VB people do anything about it ?

JamesOH

Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They've said its up to me to get the sites removed as they've been in contact with the sites and they havent responded

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I feel u have no choice then to get it done.

I would contact their hosting company as well as domain registrars.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JamesOH said:
http://www.razino.com/ This was the persons who sold it VB and its now been sorted.

Can't see how it's been sorted if he sold you a vB licence that you don't have!
Obviously he was not free to sell the licence because it was compromised by being incorrectly sold at some stage in the past.
As you've managed to frightened him into taking down his forum I would suggest you frighten him into refunding your money as a result of a fraudulent sale. I don't see any leverage you've got in pursuading the others to take down their sites - what could you threaten them with - they could claim that you have a pirate copy of their "licence".

JamesOH

Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have traced back the license holders and the holder that i bought it from was the rightful owner. Therefore i'm now the rightful owner and all other forums using this licence are therefore breaking copyright laws.

I cant see how the other people could have claim to this as i've got the members database login details and everything.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are various ways that an owner might allow knowledge of his licence details to become abused, for example publishing its authenticity when offering it for sale - that's why WHT authenticate licence sales through their Moderator/Admin team.
The fact remains that your best recourse is from the seller, otherwise you might never gain access to your licence.

sicomp

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since this is being dragged out into this forum as well, I will tell you once again. We have been using the same Owned Vbulletin License since May of 2003, I find it rather difficult to believe that I would have any reason to use your license.

And as stated to you several times, if there is an issue to have someone at Jelsoft contact me directly. If you wish to bring a third party into this matter other than Jelsoft that is your right, but to try to hurt my reputation of cheating0 someone or saying on my forums that we are using a un-licensed vbulletin unacceptable. If we were using a stolen VB licnese don't you think that Jelsoft would have came to us by now?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was this licence bought from member Razino?

marcos

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hello , this was bought from my paypal but i had nothing to do with this transaction , i have emailed the owner of http://forums.tutorengine.com/ and have told him to process a claim to get the money back and i will do it because i dont want further action taken on my side! , i also explained how my paypal got locked because it was hacked from someone they said in the daytona area so im not sure if that comes into it. The vb that was bought i also had to get the password and that changed to give to james as the vb licence was mine but i also did not sell it . I have had $2500 of money frauded from me before in a business deal with p900 phones and would not like to do it to others , its simple as that , Please contact me through email so we can get this sorted as i had nothing to do with this and was on holiday the past few weeks

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But it is alleged that you sold the vB licence to JamesOH and then continued to use it at your site razino.com, not removing the site until contacted by JamesOH because Jelsoft had told him that his licence was being used at 3 sites including yours!

Somehow your protestations that you were not involved do not have the ring of truth.

marcos

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i was using it at razino and removed it so thats now fine and yes i sold it to james and its now his licence and not mine

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But why was the licence being used at your razino.com forum when it had been sold and why is it still being used for the site at forums/tutorengine.com?

marcos

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
someone else got access to my pc and sold the licence which i now have to pay for to refund the buyer at forums/tutorengine.com and it was on razino.com till i sold it

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So how come sicomp has had the licence on his computerproblems.org site since May 2003 and consequently how did you come to have it to sell recently to JamesOH?

marcos

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no he sais he has had his licence , i sold him one of my sites that he merged into his (my site i sold was using my licence and he said he was using his since 2003, i sold it without the vb licence and it was obviously something to do with the files or something as he did change it to his when he bought it!) , so basiacly he bought my site without vb then it somehow got put on his through the merge , he has now updated it to his licence how he said he did in the first place and i still had my vb meaning i could sell it

hope thats clear to you

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No it isn't clear at all.

We have a member saying that they have owned this licence since May 2003.
We have another member saying that you sold it to them just recently.
How can you have sold it recently when it was owned by someone else since May 2003?

marcos

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no! you lost it completly , owner of computerproblems has been using his licence since may 2003 he sais
the other guy got sold MY VB by someone else who had access to my logins for ebay and paypal and vb (i think i hacker cause its all stored on my pc but i have no idea)

i then reported that and got id etc changed and sold it to james! and am going to refund the buyer who bought vb when i didnt sell it so i dont have further action taken on me!

understand?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Razino said:
no! you lost it completly , owner of computerproblems has been using his licence since may 2003 he sais
the other guy got sold MY VB by someone else who had access to my logins for ebay and paypal and vb (i think i hacker cause its all stored on my pc but i have no idea)

i then reported that and got id etc changed and sold it to james! and am going to refund the buyer who bought vb when i didnt sell it so i dont have further action taken on me!

understand?

JamesOH said:
Now they give me a list of the 3 sites that are illegally using my license.

http://forums.tutorengine.com/
http://www.computerproblems.org/forums/

One has been taken down promptly (razino.com)

Okay let's say that the forums/tutorengine.com illegal copy was obtained by a hacker using your PC! - how did you (on razino.com) come to have the same licence as computerproblems.org?

marcos

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i ws using razino.com to test a skin i was making when i owned the licence and i sold comp-forums to computerproblems which was using my vb but vb wasnt included in the sale and he merged his forum and mine together and obviously doing that for some reason showed jelsoft that hes using my licence when he wasnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom