Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

SuperBowl XL Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who else watched? Judging by the crowd at this forum.. I'd estimate at least 50% of you didn't even realise today was the SuperBowl, or just surfed right through it without even a peak.

Well, anyway, for those who watched, what are your thoughts? I thought it was a good game, but way too much slop. Way too many turnovers that shouldn't have happened.

Honestly, I didn't care which team won, but I usually like to see the underdog win in these situations. Seattle several chances where they could have taken the game, but unfortunately they really messed these up. Some were just flat out horrible plays. In the end I think the best team won, but not without some slop of their own. Starting out the second half, the Steelers took a play on the 20 yard line and turned it over, resulting in a 70 (or so) yard run by the Sea Hawks. This is when the Sea Hawks should have really started to dominate, but instead they did the exact same thing as Pittsburgh a few plays later. Like I said, it was a lot of slop, but it was entertaining.

Not as good as the Rose Bowl though. I think this year's Rose Bowl was one of the best football games I've seen ever.

:)

Domain Days 2024

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I loved the game. Steeler's made some excellent plays (that double reversal was one of the best plays I've ever seen). It was also more back and forth than many other superbowls. I loved the game, and the commercials were great (not to mention the godaddy.com commerical actually made me chuckle)!

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I watched it thru the 2nd quarter. A bit boring.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bet 50% doesn't even know what football is

I wouldn't be so sure about that.. Didn't dnforum have a football pool a short while ago?

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I watched the whole game, I thought Seattle had them in the first, but eventually the Steelers broke out:-D

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rarethings said:
I wouldn't be so sure about that.. Didn't dnforum have a football pool a short while ago?

Ya, and 80% of people dropped out over the course of the season

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pro football used to be great in the old days, and I was it's biggest fan.

Back then you were proud of "your" team, the one that represented your State or City. Nowadays, team "owners" will move a team with no concern for the fans, and chase tax breaks or just the $bucks. Players are the same. No loyalty except to the $millions. Pro Baseball is the same, and an average American family can't afford to take the kids to the game. A shame. Now it's just a bunch of millionares playing a kids game. Should be renamed GreedBowl.

The Lombardi trophy is the one given out to the Super Bowl winner, but let this old guy tell you that Lombardi is turning over in his grave and puking right now.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The officials gave the game to the Steelers.

With today's technology, this should never have happened.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I watched the whole game.

It was more exciting this year since either team could win up until the 4th qtr.

I was disappointed with some of the commercials.
GoDaddy had their amateur commercial run twice during the SuperBowl.

Maybe, next year the Ravens or the Redskins will make it to the SuperBowl. ???
:-D

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Watched all but the first half hour of the game as other matters were tying me up. Thought it was a good, but not great game, and congrats to the Steelers on their win. Also saw the godaddy.com commercial--they could have done a lot better but since I am not one of their customers it didn't matter to me. Some of the other commercials were entertaining and effective imo.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1) not a great game
2) horrible officiating may have cost seattle the game
3) stoc doctor - how often do you turn down the highest bid for your domains?

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:
The officials gave the game to the Steelers.

With today's technology, this should never have happened.

I agree, the officiating was horrindous and lopsided. Even with the terrible calls, Seattle still had a many opportunities to blow Pittsburgh away.

Several dropped passes, poor wr footwork stepping out of bounds when they could have made the catch inbounds, poor clock management in time sensative situations, punting the ball 10 yards deep in the endzone every time instead of pinning them deep, etc... Even with all of these mistakes, the seahawks dominated the game other than the couple of freak plays Pittsburgh made.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i don't see how a team can think they deserved to win the superbowl by 3 lucky plays.

the officiating was the worst ever in a superbowl.

i don't think it could have been more obvious that the officials were calling the game completely for the steelers.

the seahawks dominated the game and the officals handed the game to pittsburg on a silver platter.

i had no $$ on this game and i'm glad i didn't. i really didn't care who won but i think this was the lamest suberbowl ever.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
agreed terrible officiating ... out by outraged if i were seattle's management and make a public statement no matter how much they levy a fine for!

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gmac17 said:
stoc doctor - how often do you turn down the highest bid for your domains?
Actually, that's a funny question, and many here would be able to tell you that I have put many names over to others well below market value, and below what they would bring on auction. Many of the top sales on the DNjournal boards are names sold by others that got them from me. My motivations were a bit different than most, involving rebellion towards the system. :laugh: True, and many here know why. Nice of you to show interest though. I know, I know.

Back on the real meaning of your question. There should be limits on these salaries and team budgets, for the benefit of the game and the fans. American families are being priced out of pro sports. That's why the great move to buying tickets to the local farm clubs etc. For under $8 a ticket you can go root for your local city team again, and take the kids. Baseball is pretty rediculous when one team has twice the budget of another, like the stiiinking Yankees who basically strip all the best players from the other teams and buy a pennant. I believe that if the money stakes weren't so high, we wouldn't see the players using steroids or other performance enhancing drugs. How cool is that? Yeah someone can brake the homerun record, but how real is that if he was hopped up for every game?

Yep, our great capitalistic sports process. It ain't as American as apple pie anymore when the American families are largely priced out.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think sports are overpriced. Sure, they are expensive, but it comes down to supply and demand. If there are only a certain number of seats available, and a thousand times more people than seats, they have to raise the prices until they find their working number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom