Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

tdnam.com makes you wait for 21 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday I purchased a domain at asking (buy it now) price at tdnam.com and thought I will be in control of domain in 3-4 days.

When I logged into my account today, this is what I saw :--

Date Won: 1/8/2006 6:21:00 AM
Yours On: *1/29/2006 6:21:00 AM

*Yours On is subject to current registrants rights.

So tdnam got the money which tdnam/seller wanted and now they want me to wait for 21 days before I get control of domain which has been fully paid for.

If you have any other such experience with tdnam or other sellers , please share it here. Thanks.

URL Trader

Expirepro

Expired DN Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's very strange for a BIN. Never the less,TDNAM has now added soon to expire names to thier listings,There is no logic in it imo,And should be against icann regs to do so.What iam getting at i guess,How can they post for sale,What they don't own.Goodluck with the delievery of your name,Iam sure all will work out fine.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I belive they DO offer soon to expire on godaddy domains. There is a real advantage to this as buying this way it really never "expires" so PR should not be lost and age of site is retained. Well worth the wait IMHO.

Steve

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they should be putting these domains on "auction hold' until after the true exp date, but they should enable you to manage dns for them.

if not contact them.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The seller doesn't get their money for 30-35 days. They say 30 but it usually takes them another 5 days to actually do it. I think their reasoning behind all of this is for fraud purposes. IE if someone tries to buy using a stolen card all parties are protected.

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its because the current owenr of the name can still get it back in redemption, but godady deosn't want to wait til the end to make sure its sold.

all they represent is that you'll get your money back if you dont get the name.

so its a "kinda auction", like dotster

i think snapnames is a sure deal. anyone else have any thoughts?

page howe
sitehq

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and if my past experience proves true, they will hold their PR so well worth the price and wait.

The previous comment about snapnames I dont understand. I assume you are talking about a backorder and if so, I have very bad luck with actuall getting the names. I always backorder other places at the same time and Snap never gets the name for me(I usually do)..

Steve

DotComLisa

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Long time listener, first time poster.

I can state that with a recent backorder through TDNAM, I had to wait 3 weeks. They do give redemption opportunities to the original owner for their expired domains, and up until the last minute. But it's not cheap. It's not really expensive either (around $80 or $90 to get it back, plus renewal I think).

Oddly enough, there was an issue with my backorder, as it went to auction (like expected), and they placed a courtesy bid of $10 US for me. With that, I was supposed to be added to their system automatically, and without having to pay their meager fee. Well, I won the auction at the courtesy bid, but could not log in to do anything. Their system failed to automatically give me an account, and if someone was to counterbid against the auction, I would likely have lost - and been slightly miffed.

On the bright side though, I won, and now the domain is pulling about 300 unique's a week. Though I cannot speak for BIN, I can say that the Backorder process is confusing, and time between expiration and ownership do not seem to be specifically stated. It can take longer, as they told me upon one of my famous calls to their support center.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They did not actually enter a bid of $10. tdnam never showed a bid of $10 for this domain. This was just used in their system so they knew that you won the domain.

What account are you talking about? You had an account at godaddy. That is all you need if you don't want to bid at tdnam. If you want to bid then you have to pay to join tdnam.

DotComLisa

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was a backorder that went to auction, and yes, they did put up a $10 bid in my name to start it off.

As for the account, I was not able to use my godaddy account to counter bid against anyone that might have entered into the auction. I did not go to tdnam to get an account there because I was supposed to get one for free. Technical difficulties and all that. I watched it at tdnam for almost 10 days. According to godaddy, you need a tdnam account to even bid against your own backorder if it goes to auction. Nonetheless, no one bid on it.

If you came all this way to call me a liar or flex your knowledge on things you were not part of, please consider going somewhere else.

Dear Lisa XXXX,

The domain name(s) you have backordered is now listed for auction at www.tdnam.com:

IHATEMYSPACE.COM

Because you had an existing backorder on the domain(s), we have made the opening bid of $10.00 on your behalf. If the domain name sells for the opening bid price, you will receive the domain name plus a 1-year renewal.

If the domain name receives a bid from another bidder, you will be notified via email that you have been outbid. You can then choose to place a bid on the domain name or apply your backorder to another name. Any bid amount exceeding $10.00 will be an additional charge (you still receive the 1-year renewal, included in your backorder fee).

Standard backorder rules will apply -- the current registrant may still renew the domain name for the next several weeks. If this happens you will be notified by email. You can then apply your backorder credit to another name.

If the registrant does not renew the domain and you have the winning auction bid, we will process a change of registrant and move the domain into your account in 45 days or less.

If you need any further assistance or technical support, call us any time at (480) 505-8877 or email us at mailto:[email protected].

Thanks as always for being a Go Daddy customer.

Sincerely,
GoDaddy.com

They gave me my tdnam account after the auction, but it became a non-issue because no one else bid against me. So in part, you are correct, as there was no real bid of $10, but it was their starting bid. I didn't need to bid against it because it was to be mine if no one else bid, and that is what happened... no one else bid.

End of story, I won the domain and some nice traffic for a domaining beginner.

I hope you're day is nicer than you are.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want to talk about my knowledge then I have won about 150 domains at tdnam and a lot without an auction at godaddy. I never got such an email.
Maybe you got it because you didn't have a tdnam account...

In order to bid you have to join tdnam for $4.95. A godaddy account is not enough. So they did not just give it to you. You bought it.

Also two days ago I saw at least 5 domains with $0 bid at tdnam that had backorders at godaddy.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Without question the system is confusing.... I placed a winning bid on a beautiful 4 letter .com and have no idea when it will be in my possesion... my guess from what they've told me is 2 weeks, but who knows

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a godaddy account, and got the same letter on a domain that I backordered at Godaddy and they were the existing registrar.

From what I remember, it took longer than they said, but it was worth it.

Steve

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lisa,
it is not very nice to edit a message before my post. If you want to reply to me you should post after my message.
Again, in order to bid you have to join tdnam for $4.95. This is not free.

Now if you think that, by stating facts and trying to help you understand a system, I am calling you a liar then I am not very nice. This is the last time I am helping a newbie.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DVDRIP and LISA...

What has got both of you in such a tither...

Lisa, No one was calling anyone a liar.

DVDRip, How can she edit your message before you posted it? Is she sitting at your computer?

Were all here for the same stuff, shared knowledge. Cut it with the backbiting and insults. Keep it positive.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
She made a post.

I replied.

Instead of replying to my post, she went back to her post and edited it and replied to my post. So nobody understands what we are talking about.

stevesko said:
DVDRip, How can she edit your message before you posted it? Is she sitting at your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom