Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

TDNAM/GoDaddy doing the right thing! They actually get "it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Recently, I was involved in a TDNAM bidding war on a domain name that ended up with 17 bids.

Apparently, the winning bidder did not pay.

So I got a notice that, because I was the second highest bidder the domain was mine (if I chose) and had 24 hours to complete payment.

When I logged into my account to find out what the domain details were, I got quite a pleasant surprise!

Unlike most drop catchers, TDNAM eliminated ALL BIDS by that bidder bringing the final price down to $15. The bidding battle sent this name up there into the several hundreds of dollars as that bidder and I ended up going head to head. But instead of just eliminating his final bid and offering the domain name at the next obvious bid I placed, ALL of that winners entries were nullified.

To whomever put this fair and equitable way of resolving deadbeat payers, thank you. This is something for which I have repeatedly slammed NameJet and SnapNames - if there are 17 bids, the 16th bid is what they offer the name to the runner-up. They do not dissolve and nullify all bids by that bidder, just his winning bid. If someone is not going to pay for a domain as the 17th bid, then it would be safe to assume that person would not pay at 15th, 13th, 11th, 9th, 7th, 5th bid price and so on.

Again, THANK YOU! for doing the right thing!

EG.domains

GenericDomainMarket.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kudos to GoDaddy ... I moved 100 domains from Moniker to GoDaddy in last 30 days and will transfer the rest within a month. The only reason I moved my domains to Moniker in the first place was to use SnapNames but since they insist on changing my whois info to their "Pending Auction" whois I decided to move.

33% market share means something.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Actually, Namejet does exactly the same thing. The only situation I'm aware of with Snapnames, is of course when they determined how "Hank Alvarez" affected auctions where he was a participant but not the 2nd highest bidder; these auctions did not "collapse" bids down as if halvarez hadn't bid.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...these auctions did not "collapse" bids down as if halvarez hadn't bid.
I've got a feeling that if Snap had done this (and it would have been and should have been how the matter was handled), the loses for Snap names would have been in the several millions.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's the right to do. If memory serves me right, Pool refuses to nullify deadbeat bids though.

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've always liked Godaddy..... Knock on wood....
Never have understood why more domainers don't feel safe with them......

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I have had issues with GD and TDNAM.

But I have yet to have someone handle a non-paying auction like this. It saved me hundreds of dollars.

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kudos to GoDaddy ... I moved 100 domains from Moniker to GoDaddy in last 30 days and will transfer the rest within a month. The only reason I moved my domains to Moniker in the first place was to use SnapNames but since they insist on changing my whois info to their "Pending Auction" whois I decided to move.

33% market share means something.

I was thinking to move 100s of domains to Moniker so I can push them for SN auction. So you think and would suggest it is best to keep them at GD?

Any suggestions from anyone else? And if to keep them at GD can anyone pm me on how to sell domains at Sedo auction?

Scorpiono

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They were surprisingly fair here, not their type to be honest, but I'm glad they acted this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom