Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Teaparty.com could be worth millions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read this several days ago.

Great read with some valuable advice from the business world and how it relates to domains.

Here is some terrific advice:

Ostrofsky cites the cautionary tale of birdflu.com, worth a fortune when fears of contagion peaked several years ago. The owner didn’t sell, and the value plummeted when public attention moved on.

Timing is everything.

I also like this statement:

“We’ve considered lending the name to Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart to have them dispel some of the stuff that the Tea Party says,” says Chatwood. “As Canadians we’re somewhat sensitive to all the criticism of socialized medicine.”

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny how names that inevitably become worth a lot for whatever reason are originally registered for something completely different. To be honest, with .org generally being the realm of politics, I'm not sure the name really would sell for millions or even a million. That said, I'm not sure who owns the .org - looks like an unofficial Tea Party political site.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And I COULD earn a million dollars if I did not waste my time online.

And anyone here COULD earn a million dollars if they win the lottery. Actaully given the number of domain names that have really sold for above a million dollars, winning the lottery seems more likely.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The band members also are trying to figure out how much their own politics should factor into the decision. “We’ve considered lending the name to Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart to have them dispel some of the stuff that the Tea Party says,” says Chatwood. “As Canadians we’re somewhat sensitive to all the criticism of socialized medicine.”

I'll bet their stupid enough to do this... Like the Attorney's for the (political) Tea Party aren't just waiting for the owners infringe on their name, Instead of a Million dollars, they get ZERO... I'd love to see the backlash when that happens. :evil:

ZHANG FELIX

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And I COULD earn a million dollars if I did not waste my time online.

And anyone here COULDearn a million dollars if they win the lottery.GATEWAY Batteria Actaully given the number of domain names that have really sold for above a million dollars, winning the lottery seems more likely.
Me too,my friend!I think I can earn a millon dollars before 30 years old.I want to continue to work hard, do not waste time in life, earn my the first million in my life!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom