Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Thank You Oversee.net!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank you for raising the SnapNames minimum bid to $79. If there is anything else I can do to help you replace that sorry excuse for a company domain you have, please PM me.

Thanks again, and God bless domain market consolidation.

A note to Ron Jackson, the next I read about Lawrence Ng in the DNJournal, I'm going to bill you for a tube K-Y Jelly.

Domain Days 2024

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank you for raising the SnapNames minimum bid to $79. If there is anything else I can do to help you replace that sorry excuse for a company domain you have, please PM me.

Thanks again, and God bless domain market consolidation.

A note to Ron Jackson, the next I read about Lawrence Ng in the DNJournal, I'm going to bill you for a tube K-Y Jelly.

LOL
WORD
regee for that *****in net

& the 'saint' Kevin Ham? ROFLMTO

(T is foir tits) yeah, the 'friendly billionaire'. not one to take advantage of a thrid world country?

Moniker is heading into the abyss, i feel a bit betrayed have to say after being the domainers registar they are just headed one way.

tell you what after the Paris auction bombing, and the one the week before.
why not another next week in Reykavic? :rolleyes:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What justifies a +$19 dollar per dropped domain increase, oil prices rising? I mean for fuk sake, Lawrence is worth over a billion dollars, staying greedy at that elevation isn't healthy, it's pathological, I'm not joking. Let's see, take a vacation... buy a new car... no I'm going to push my net worth up another +5% because it feels good. Get an opium addiction arsehole, it's the same thing, but better for mankind.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They were still 59 when i was backordering earlier today.

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They were still 59 when i was backordering earlier today.

The reason for the price increase is Oversee.net figures if people are stupid enough to pay $59 for something that costs nothing, then their probably stupid enough to pay $79 for it. The sad part is Oversee.net is probably right.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reason for the price increase is Oversee.net figures if people are stupid enough to pay $59 for something that costs nothing, then their probably stupid enough to pay $79 for it. The sad part is Oversee.net is probably right.
I disagree with that post...anyways its only $79 for pre release domains from moniker. 99 bucks for pre release from register.com. I see no price increases at all.

edit after being edited by someone other than myself! I find it interesting that ilovedomains can call snapnames customers stupid but I can't say his/her post is "stupid". Oh well.

Last edited:

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When corporations like these become this big, we become just a number. From my own experience at DS, they have always been greedy. When they bought out Snapnames we all kind of figured changes would be made, changes we wouldn't like, this recent price hike is one them.

Same goes for Moniker, If your selling at Monikers auctions, you must have noticed the sellers agreement growing more favorable to Moniker and less favorable to the seller. What are they charging now to transfer your domain to them? $100 bucks if it sells? Look for more changes in Registrar dept. as well, less service, higher fees.
This is what big corporations do, so get used to it.

BTW, How many of you still have your domain portfolio's at Oversee? oops, I mean "Moniker", sorry.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some months I buy hundreds of dropped domains at the base rate, well the previous base rate of $59/60. Hence my frustration at the +33% increase.

100 x $20 = +$2,000.00 per month increase.

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some months I buy hundreds of dropped domains at the base rate, well the previous base rate of $59/60. Hence my frustration at the +33% increase.

Didnt you see Domainsinc's post? register.com charges $99. Snapnames is giving you a whale of a deal at $79. According to him, You should be greatful! LOL

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Didnt you see Domainsinc's post? register.com charges $99. Snapnames is giving you a whale of a deal at $79. According to him, You should be greatful! LOL

Huh? I backordered domains today all at 59 bucks a piece. All the "real"drops are that price as far as i can tell. I don't know who sets the pre release domain prices but they've always been 79-99 bucks.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Huh? I backordered domains today all at 59 bucks a piece. All the "real"drops are that price as far as i can tell. I don't know who sets the pre release domain prices but they've always been 79-99 bucks.

That's where the problem comes into play. You can backorder domains for $59 all day long, but when they actually begin to drop, you will be notified to increase your bid to $79 if you want the domain. This started happening to me in bursts at first, but now it happens to every name that drops. You get two notifications, one by email, and one in the control panel.

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Look on the bright side, you might receive a Starbuck's coffee gift card for Christmas. :ranger:

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are trying to force some consolidation in the market?

Now, compare Godaddy - its only $18 for backorders. That is a deal!
Of course, they never actually get any domains. But you
sure feel good about the low price!

Its kind of surprising, given how large GoDaddy is in registrations,
that they do so poorly on backorders. Surely godaddy can see
this is a marketing opportunity.

Kevin

NetworkMsia

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you pay 19 dollar extra, then when selling the domain, charge 100 dollar extra. lol, in this way, you make more money too. :lol:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
haha, finnishgirls.com is with Moniker :D

reykjavik is in Iceland

btw, been there too. disappointing place, & VERY expensive.
not a glimpse of northern lights, also allegedly is overcast 2/3rds year so you wont see anyway, they sell the place a lot on this. is like visiting the moon, ugly landscape
save your cash, many far more amazing places in Europe

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, wrong Scandinavian country :D

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, wrong Scandinavian country :D

LoL... Neither Finland or Iceland belong to Scandinavia... a common mistake. Both belong to the so called "Nordic" countries, but "Scandinavia" is only made up by the other three, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark. ;)

That was the geography lesson... about backordering domains; I've stopped doing it. No more. Enough.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
OK, I am referring to the counties collectively known as the home of "6ft tall blonde buxom females with a need to go topless on the beaches of the Mediterranean". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom