Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The new Mod. System is stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So now, we have these new Mods, most of them are quite new to these forums, they each get 2-3 categories to control. These new Mods feel they have to stick their faces into every thread in their category to show their power. It's plain stupid, Mods are so worried about keeping their forums perfect they are messing up the flow and balance of the boards. I think we should have 8-10 global mods....that way Mods wont starting going insane over their 'own' forum. Case in point, this thread, where I was only sharing my good experiances with a host, and WebCat comes in and starts throwing his weight around....I wasnt doing anything wrong, but he still screws my topic.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28953

This Mod thing HAS to be changed, because right now, the balance of power in each sections belongs to a newbie who takes controlling his forum WAY to seriously....

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fast Autos syndrome didn't die it just got substituted...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you are an ass....why did you have to say that. I have not brought up fast-autos.com for weeks.....I am close to completing a private sale.....

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think your post is fueled by jelousy.

Who cares if some1 has been here 2 months?

If they are mature enough to be a good mod they should be moding after 1 day.

DNJunkie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont see anything wrong with the mods they have done alot for this forum we should not complain at something little. I agree with devildude if a mod can do his/her job properly who cares how long theyve been here!

Also in my experience WebCat has been a very helpful and friendly mod :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT, I kinda have to agree that your post was just a commercial solicitation. You weren't answering any question, you weren't bringing up some discussion point... you were just promoting your buddy. It's good that you have a friend with a business, but you were just advertising for him... that's all. As such, that post belonged in an advertising forum. You're PLATINUM, so you could have easily posted it there. Can you imagine if every post in the Web Hosting area were people recmmending themselves or their friends?

WebCat did a great job, but you got bent about it because it felt personal. Buck up, its not a big deal. No embarassment to get pissed over unless you say so. Everyone makes mistakes, its how you recover from them, dude.

~ Nexus

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nexus
GT, I kinda have to agree that your post was just a commercial solicitation. You weren't answering any question, you weren't bringing up some discussion point... you were just promoting your buddy. It's good that you have a friend with a business, but you were just advertising for him... that's all. As such, that post belonged in an advertising forum. You're PLATINUM, so you could have easily posted it there. Can you imagine if every post in the Web Hosting area were people recmmending themselves or their friends?

WebCat did a great job, but you got bent about it because it felt personal. Buck up, its not a big deal. No embarassment to get pissed over unless you say so. Everyone makes mistakes, its how you recover from them, dude.

~ Nexus

agreed

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First of all....I am not jealous, because I never applied to be a mod. I just think in general, the mods are taking things a little overboard because they each have one or two certain forums to patrol....but thats just my opinion

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GT Web
First of all....I am not jealous, because I never applied to be a mod. I just think in general, the mods are taking things a little overboard because they each have one or two certain forums to patrol....but thats just my opinion

And it's ok to be wrong once in a while. :laugh:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, opinions can't be wrong, but I was pissed about my thread bein screwed by WebCat

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I think I can speak for all the moderators here, and say the support really helps.

This is NOT an easy job, and we are working EVERY DAY to try and make DNForum a better place to do business and build contacts and friendships. We talk to each other every day about being fair, professional and even-handed.

In the past, several very good moderators have left DNF in disgust because of stupid, childish attacks and malicious gossip from immature or self-centered members. Is this what you want DNF to be?

Truly, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing, but to do so, we DON'T have to be disagreeable, nasty, childish or threatening.

And finally, I'll address this one more time, then I'm finished with the subject permanently.

I have been doing domains seriously for over a year, own a hosting company, a site design/graphics company, and two very successful non-computer related businesses. I am college educated, a published writer, have taught college, and have been a member of DNForum as a platnium member for 6 months.

I guess in some people's eyes, this means underqualified, LOL!

Classic, FrontRow, Nexus, Mole, DD, DNJunkie- From ALL the mods, THANKS again for the support! I think we have a FANTASTIC community here, and it's just going to get better!

Peace,
Your Friend and fellow domainer
Jim aka WebCat

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont care how many colleges you have taught at, I still dont like it when people go through and mess up my threads that have been happily running for 2 months....

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT - check you sig - time to let it drop!
Really you are going over the top, you may disagree with the new arrangements for Moderators, but you have had the freedom to express your view.
As long as the Moderators and the rules are in place then we just have to accept that (or move on, but that really shouldn't be necessary).
The Moderators are setup by the site owner to moderate the forum on their behalf and generally speaking they do a superb job free of charge and let's be honest with little thanks and much hassle.
Please GT, let it go and continue to support a united group.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just think the mods are going overboard, I'm not trying to cause any problems, just sharing my views....

I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just wish the mods would tone it down a little.....

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What webcat did was correct in editing out your post. Maybe you should rethink your comments GT Web. I believe you may be the one that needs to tone down a little.

By the way, what mods are noobies?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am free to speak my mind....although my post was made while I was really pissed off (actually at something else) I still stand by my comments. I understand the Mods are doing there best to help the forums, but I feel they are turning it into too much of a police state.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree GT Web, you are free to speak your mind but sometimes you should maybe speak it directly to the person you are angry at. I don't like to be included when you say all the mods are noobies and would appreciate it if you could next time not use the term mods when you are upset at one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom