Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Thousands Of New Land Rushes To Come Thanks To ICANN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

savegas

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I read some where for $10,000 you will be able to create any new TLD

This would be a good investment if you could get .sex

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Apparently the "ticket to ride" will set you back 150 big ones.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I read some where for $10,000 you will be able to create any new TLD

This would be a good investment if you could get .sex

Yes, it would. But in this instance you would almost certainly spend millions on lawyers just to face a run-off in an auction. Dream on little brother. Even if this extension eventually flies, and it would take years if ever, then it would cost a minimum of $100 Million dollars IMO.

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Jon Hall - USA
Art.US, Stock.US, Film.US, Wine.US, PCcomputer.COM, BuyMyStuff.COM, & Cosmopolita.COM
2,700 domains for sale! Names2Buy.com

You must think that the inclusion of many new TLDs (some inevitably failing) will be good for .us, right?

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.whatever will just bring confusion to end users. It already exists with the ones we have.
It will also bring more competition at search engines regarding keyword relevancy in the domain name, so I'm against it :)

comfyjeans

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lets say some beer companies all want .beer, it goes to auction. All of the worlds beer companies bid at the auction and of course the richest company wins. They put all of their brands on the gtld. For instance. bush.beer, bud.beer michelobe.beer etc.
What will all of the other beer companies use except for their brand. ie. beer.miller? etc.
I am not sure if something like this would really fly. I don't think any governing body would let this go, and whoever won the name (.beer) would find themselves in all kinds of courtrooms for a long time. So all of the beer companies would probably just use their brand names. Now what do you put on the gtld as far as domain names except all of your products.
Maybe a social networking site? Give free names to those that will put content up?
I am trying to picture this in our institutionalized world and just see no success over what we have today. Is it really worth it or will companies just do it because they can.
I am not certain this has been thought through completely, except the part about ICANN making a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom