Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Thread Closed by Johnn, yet I followed his instructions....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
Johnn instructed me earlier this week that I'm allowed one legal bump within the last 24 hours of my auction.

http://www.dnforum.com/f556/tebowfa...-auction-ends-7-27-8pm-cst-thread-489100.html

Did I do something wrong here? Please someone explain this to me. Johnn specifically told me, NO bumping more than once within last 24 hours.

Auction started: 7/23/2012 @ 2:21 PM
bump - 7/26/12 @ 10:32 AM
bump - 7/27/12 @ 12:19 PM

Am I missing something here???

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You answered yourself.

You bump twice since yesterday.
You are allowed to bump ONCE in the last 24 hours of the auction. Not TWICE.

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
I didn't bump twice in the last 24 hours. Where are you getting that from?

10:32 am on Thursday
12:19 pm on Friday

Auction ends 8:00 Friday

Is this not more than 24 hours? When did I post more than once in the last 24 hours of the auction? Please explain this to me.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup, that pretty much says it all.

Plus, many members, myself included, get tired of the constant bumping. You should take the $1 bid over x number of days as a clear indicator of poor interest in the name. Kickstarting it back to life does not add to the quality of the name.

Most members have either seen your name and are not interested. For those that have not seen it...they will log on and view new posts and will see it and move on. Yes, because they had not seen it before the thread WILL show up as a new thread to them.

Is there an advantage of keep bumping up a thread? To the person bumping, obviously they think it is advantageous. But in the long run, bumping and comments such as what appear in that thread appear to be begging for someone to buy this name. It kind of reminds me of the threads entitled "Fire Sale"...really??? Smoke damaged domains? Well, you can call it anything you want that makes you feel good but in the long run the quality of the name (or lack thereof) and the number or bids (or lack thereof) and the dollar amount (lake thereof) will usually tell someone that the name and the thread are just not worth bumping.

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
I think all of us get tired of constant bumping Gerry! I really didn't feel that any of my posts have "constant" bumping... But I suppose that is all relative. I haven't "bumped" any other threads I've had other than the one in the $1 Domain Auction. I'm trying to build an iTrader reputation on here. That's why I'm listing domains in the $1 auction. I couldn't care less whether or not people find them valuable. The purpose is simply to build the trader score. And at $1 you can normally find a buyer to increase your reputation. Right?

And with a forum with over 4000 members online and only just above 100 thread views, I apologize for feeling that a "reminder" that the auction ends in a few hours wouldn't be a bad thing.

And yeah Gerry - I stay away from Fire Sales too.

Yup, that pretty much says it all.

Plus, many members, myself included, get tired of the constant bumping. You should take the $1 bid over x number of days as a clear indicator of poor interest in the name. Kickstarting it back to life does not add to the quality of the name.

Most members have either seen your name and are not interested. For those that have not seen it...they will log on and view new posts and will see it and move on. Yes, because they had not seen it before the thread WILL show up as a new thread to them.

Is there an advantage of keep bumping up a thread? To the person bumping, obviously they think it is advantageous. But in the long run, bumping and comments such as what appear in that thread appear to be begging for someone to buy this name. It kind of reminds me of the threads entitled "Fire Sale"...really??? Smoke damaged domains? Well, you can call it anything you want that makes you feel good but in the long run the quality of the name (or lack thereof) and the number or bids (or lack thereof) and the dollar amount (lake thereof) will usually tell someone that the name and the thread are just not worth bumping.

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
Now it makes more sense when you say it like that.

Where does it say this specifically? I checked the "forum rules" link on the bottom of the forum page (just like you instructed me to). This is what it brings me to: http://www.dnforum.com/misc.php?do=showrules

Could anyone direct me to the actual forum rules, instead of the generic one listed at the bottom of every forum? I'd like to follow the rules just like everyone else.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, if you prevent people from bumping the old post, why not also prevent them from reposting the same name for sale.

If you allow the same name to be reposted, wouldn't be easier/faster to allow them to bump the old post?

My opinion is either stop the bump and prevent repost of the name all together. Or allow bump. In such case, I think the rule should be revised. This will save a lot of time for the moderator and the posters as well.

This is just my opinion.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Per rules you can't post the same name within 7 days.
Just wondering, if you prevent people from bumping the old post, why not also prevent them from reposting the same name for sale.

If you allow the same name to be reposted, wouldn't be easier/faster to allow them to bump the old post?

My opinion is either stop the bump and prevent repost of the name all together. Or allow bump. In such case, I think the rule should be revised. This will save a lot of time for the moderator and the posters as well.

This is just my opinion.

7. You may only advertise in the designated advertising forums. One thread creation per 24 hours is allowed per advertising forum. You may not post the same sale or advertising thread within a seven day period. In other words, if no one has replied to your thread, do not create a new thread with the same domain or service until after seven days.

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
You answered yourself.

You bump twice since yesterday.
You are allowed to bump ONCE in the last 24 hours of the auction. Not TWICE.

Johnn.... Could you please provide a link for where this rule is written on dnf? You told me to check the forum rules and that's what I did. (See the attached photo) http://www.dnforum.com/misc.php?do=showrules

I don't want to violate any more of these specific rules. You have no problem responding to why the thread was closed but when I ask you where the forum rules are you get silent.

View attachment forumrulessnip.jpg

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score

Fantastic!!! Thank you for making it a sticky now (instead of it being buried behind 3,600 threads!!!). People can actually follow the rules now!!!

And now you can actually be condescending for a good reason! The rules are actually posted and READILY AVAILABLE!

HALLELUJAH!

Last edited:

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It supposes to be a sticky. Somehow the glue fell off to the floor after the last upgrade so I have to rush to Home Depot to buy another bottle of Super Glus and stick it again.

Sorry for the confusion. Now it's going to last at least a year.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Fantastic!!! Thank you for making it a sticky now (instead of it being buried behind 3,600 threads!!!). People can actually follow the rules now!!!

And now you can actually be condescending for a good reason! The rules are actually posted and READILY AVAILABLE!

HALLELUJAH!

That's what you get for being new. New comers should quit domaining all together. The only way to survive is to complain lol.

Cheer!

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
Johnn you are actually a little funny and have a good personality? Where in the hell did that come from??? Thank you for actually sounding like a HUMAN BEING!!! LOL

And thanks for getting this all straightened out. You don't know how frustrated I got looking for those supposed "forum rules" that you were speaking of!

It supposes to be a sticky. Somehow the glue fell off to the floor after the last upgrade so I have to rush to Home Depot to buy another bottle of Super Glus and stick it again.

Sorry for the confusion. Now it's going to last at least a year.

MrWilson

Level 3
Reaction score
That's what you get for being new. New comers should quit domaining all together. The only way to survive is to complain lol.

Cheer!

Just cause I'm new to dnf doesn't mean I'm new to domaining. You guys are in your own little universe here!

And by the way, I still sold the domain to Domain Master for $1. Honored it 100% even though it was closed early. JUST TO CLARIFY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom