Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

To the owners of DigiPawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick Latona said:
I'm not embarrassed in the least. It takes a lot more than this to get under my skin. We have a ton of money and a ton of customers so I don't see what the problem is. I also know that what we are doing isn't unsolicted bulk email. We are approaching people that have their names listed for sale and asking them if they want to talk about selling them or using them for collateral. I guarantee you that we wouldn't lose that battle in court. Lastly, we are stopping it because you all have repeatedly asked us to and I want to show you that we will listen.

If you want to continue complaining, that's fine by me. There really isn't bad publicity for my type of service.

Listen bud, you are sending spam. Plain and simple. I did not ask for this mailing(s), you do not have your address listed in the email, you do not have a remove link. In my opinion, you are breaking all the rules to having a legit business.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.htm

Each violation can carry up to $11,000 in fines.

My advice is that you optimize your site for the search engines and submit
it to them and do like the rest of us and wait for the traffic.

You catch more flies with honey.

Domain Days 2024

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fact that

Rick Latona said:
The people that are complaining here I haven't done business with

is quite obvious. The people who are complaining are the ones who won't do business with apparent spammers.

A question comes up, and it's an interesting one. I wonder what the answer really is just for curiousity sake. In Canada, to own/operate a legal pawn business, you need a pawn shop license. I would assume it's the same in most US states. And of course for a business located elsewhere in the world, for them to operate legally here they still need a license. Anyone care to answer that if they can?

Rick Latona

Workaholic
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
The fact that

is quite obvious. The people who are complaining are the ones who won't do business with apparent spammers.

A question comes up, and it's an interesting one. I wonder what the answer really is just for curiousity sake. In Canada, to own/operate a legal pawn business, you need a pawn shop license. I would assume it's the same in most US states. And of course for a business located elsewhere in the world, for them to operate legally here they still need a license. Anyone care to answer that if they can?

We are a licensed state of Georgia pawn shop.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's cool, i didn't know if a company would have to be or not since a domain name hasn't been determined to be property yet (unless I've missed something lately, which is possible).

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am going to jump in here and say you shouldn't use other businesses open service to your advantage such as sedo and afternic. IF you wan't to advertise your service and help people, sedo OFFERS ADVERTISEMENTS, which you can find here : http://www.sedo.com/about/advertising.php3?tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

As long as you stop the cheap way of advertisement there is no problem with you offering a pawn service. If the people who you wish to attract are intrested they will click on your banner here or on sedo or afternic or where ever else you advertise in a proper manner, what you do right now is like (EXAMPLE) employing a team to pm dnforum members to advertise your service without buying banner space on dnforum.

What your doing right now is trying to get as many customers as you can as fast as you can, its not always the best way of business, all its doing is degrading your reputation, i should also add the last thread about digi pawn the same promise was made to stop the direct ads to people's emails and wasn't kept!

Rick Latona

Workaholic
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
That's cool, i didn't know if a company would have to be or not since a domain name hasn't been determined to be property yet (unless I've missed something lately, which is possible).

The rights to a domain would be property, not the domain itself. It says something about you that you are smart enough to recognize the question.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stop busting balls guys. if you don't want to receive spam from them, do what you'd normally do, add their domain/address to your block list. it takes one click, it's not even worth arguing about.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Luc said:
stop busting balls guys. if you don't want to receive spam from them, do what you'd normally do, add their domain/address to your block list. it takes one click, it's not even worth arguing about.

Luc -

He says his company doesn't send spam. To quote "we are doing isn't unsolicted bulk email". This person (and company) need to be educated. We are the teachers, and our comments are extremely appropriate because we are also the victims/targets. We're doing Rick a HUGE FAVOR by teaching him how to be a good neighbor on the internet. Heck, DigiPawn should be paying us all consulting fees for helping them out.

If you don't want your balls busted, you don't throw a rock at someone, get caught red handed by several witnesses, say you didn't really throw the rock but that the victim dove in front of your right to throw a dangerous projectile.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will renew my advertising contract with DN Forum.

Before approving this DNForum should remember that it needs to keep more than just advertisers happy. In the long run it has to keep users happy too. Let me add that just 3 days ago I got another Spam from these scumbags and am not at all happy to see their banner up top here. :angry:

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So sending out "form letters" telling people that they are going to get money and then when they contact you about the e-mail you tell them they don't get anything.

What is spam again?

But it's done on an individual basis so you know what your doing right. :approve:

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RE: Spam by DigiPawn

C'mon guys get your heads together! You can't successfully reason with a high-school dropout who peddles smut and pawns used-crap for a living!

But you are right; the appaling lack of humility and professional decency, as well as pure and utter disregard for other people's opinions and comments on this Latona character and his DigiSpam operation is incredible.

The only way to fight this arrogant, unapologetic, self-serving "person" is through federal court, or through hacking assaults on his "web properties".

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the point has been stressed quite clearly. Rick has guaranteed that his company would stop sending out any more unsolicited emails. I think we should wait around and see if anyone gets any more emails or not, and just close this case. There are enough domain owners at DNF will make it impossible for them to determain if the domain holder at Sedo or wherever is a member here. At 5% interest rate per month, I really can't see why anyone would use them, it's much easier selling domains below their value, no paperwork, threat of losing domain, etc.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It says something about you that you are smart enough to recognize the question

and that is acceptable?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
The only way to fight this arrogant, unapologetic, self-serving "person" is through federal court, or through hacking assaults on his "web properties".

You complain against alleged spam and then you advocate these methods - unbelievable! Talk about two faced.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simple folks money talks and bulls**t walks,say im gonna buy a banner on here and spam everybody a but i pay $XXX per month for my banner so whos gonna stop me from abusing you members ?

The answer : NO ONE !

Buy Why : Money Talks !

For a short while yes but the bread and butter comes from the many members of dnforum !

This must always be remembered thats why dnforum is so succesful it listens to its members SO lets keep it that way PLEASE !

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meaning of

SPAM Emails : Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

digipawn isn't exactly spamming, but their advertisement methods are VERY unreasonable. As i said before on my post ,if digipawn WANTS to advertise to sedo members, sedo offers banner ads, i am sure sedo members see that. I have my email address on my sig. on dnforum and my phone number, i wouldn't want some guy to target me and send me emails thinking i am good for their product, they can just advertise on dnforum and if i am interested i would click on the ads.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ed30 said:
You complain against alleged spam

"Alleged spam"??? I sense you must be one of his "happy customers" who was bought with a $100 (+%) loan and now feel compelled to come to his aid?

Ed30 said:
and then you advocate these methods - unbelievable! Talk about two faced.

I am not a Gandy or a Jesus! You fight force with force. DigiPawn engaged in uninvited and unsolicited spamming and consequent misleadings of hundreds or thousands of domain owners has cost numerous many of them quite some lost time, nerves and productivity. It would be only fitting if his time and productivity is also affected in a similar manner.

CSite.Net said:
Meaning of

SPAM Emails : Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

digipawn isn't exactly spamming,

Wtf are you talking about??

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
"Alleged spam"??? I sense you must be one of his "happy customers" who was bought with a $100 (+%) loan and now feel compelled to come to his aid?

Never had any dealings with him or any of his companies as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom