Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Topics Censored on Namepros

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My first topic is to announce the opening of DN.ca this past November which is a small regional forum where we discuss the .ca ccTLD. Our members have built a small member base where we discuss regional ccTLD issues as it pertains to .ca. Most of our members cross post on all platforms but report Canadian sales data back on our home forum.

Not only has Epik and Rob Monster allowed us to cross post but they have also participated in relevant conversations. Understandably Rob has always supported free speech so if you think you have a LEGITIMATE discussion that should be brought in front of a bigger audience then use this topic to announce it to the DNForum community.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is NOT a topic to discuss your personal beefs with namepros, nor to slam a competing forum. I opened this topic to discuss legitimate topics, or comments, that you think should be published even though they were censored, deleted, or edited on namepros.
Yeah, I feel the 2 subjects kind of intersect very quickly. The place is managed a certain way (which I do not like). It it like this because it's managed by certain people (who behave a certain way). If you disagree with it or dislike it, you start having a "beef" with this forum and/or the people behind it.

You for example kind of have a beef with them just because they censor totally legitimate stuff you think should be published.

Anyway, to answer your real question: For me, it"s my account :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

speaking as a member and not as moderator,
i don't see any point in starting a thread, discussing what they allow or don't allow on their platform.

this is not what DNForum.com is about.

imo....

Darlington Omeh

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi

speaking as a member and not as moderator,
i don't see any point in starting a thread, discussing what they allow or don't allow on their platform.

this is not what DNForum.com is about.

imo....
Yes, you're right Biggie. You can say that, least to be deplomatic and politically correct. But at the same time, every action has a reaction. What NamePros is doing regarding other forums is mischievous at best.

Imaging Facebook banning Twitter keyword and vise versa? Censorship is bad at any level.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What NamePros is doing regarding other forums is mischievous at best.
Hi

what they do, is irrelevant here
and i know for sure.. that it is of no concern on other boards.

members here and on other boards, know about the censorship and the reasons for it.

that policy has been in place every since Np was created by a couple of DNFourm members back in 2003.
if you know the history, then you'll know why some things are like they are.

imo....

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what they do, is irrelevant here
That's very true.

I know @MapleDots might've had good intentions when creating this thread. However, I don't feel as if we need a list of topics censored elsewhere as I don't foresee them being censored on DNForum.

Instead of continuing to add to the list here — since that does nobody here a favor except passing on the info of which topics aren't allowed elsewhere — one should create a thread in the appropriate area to discuss the "controversial" topics when something emerges that's worthy to be discussed in more detail.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe you guys missed the part about...

"Legitimate topics", maybe I was not clear enough about that.

Sometimes real legitimate content is censored. Some of this content deserves to be read by like minded domainers.

Last edited:

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe you guys missed the part about...

"Legitimate topics", maybe I was not clear enough about that.

Sometimes real legitimate content is censored. Some of this content deserves to be read by like minded domainers.
No offence, but I think you missed the point.
If these topics are of any interest to you, let's discuss them (the topics!), not the fact that another forum where people shouldn't be and shouldn't stay is banning them.

If some content "deserves to be read by like minded domainers", great, let's create it here. "Like minded" domainers will sooner or later see where they should spend their time and participate, or at one point, they deserve what they're getting over there.

What people above tried to say if I'm not mistaken, is that you should focus more on the content and less on the censorship from NP. You may think it is what you're doing, the difference is quite subtle (there isn't even any need to mention NP's behavior, let's just go directly to the content part with a dedicated thread for each subject)

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I get everyone's point, but to me censorship is always of deep concern.

I understand each platform has their own rules, but It is a pity when legitimate news or topics are banned on any platform.

Last edited:

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I get everyone's point, to me censorship is a a deep concern,.

I understand each platform has their own rules. It is a great pity though when legitimate news or topics are banned on any platform.
I totally agree with you.
IMHO the problem aren't really the "rules", but the people putting them in place and enforcing them. The end result just reflects the kind of people behind the platform. The real problem is that there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. I don't know all the history (not even a little), but I know that it really felt you can't achieve anything when I talked with them to try to regain access to my account on NP (I exchanged quite a lot of messages with a "Paul". Only my very own opinion and POV: It was a nightmare).

Anyway, having another platform working a different way IS the solution. And it IS the solution to censorship (Epik already some great things on that front in the past, and had to pay the price which comes along with it)

Darlington Omeh

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyway, having another platform working a different way IS the solution. And it IS the solution to censorship (Epik already some great things on that front in the past, and had to pay the price which comes along with it)
I'm happy for Epik with this acquisition. I think it's a very strategic decision. I also like how you guys quickly removed all the Epik banners. Every effort should be made to balance the content and open advertising doors to other domain companies. This should be forum for all Domainers and the domain industry.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators