Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

TQ and revenue !

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i see - unfortunately this would not be possible in my case as i do not use any of the other providers - i only use yahoo and what yahoo doesn't like is suppose to go the my alternative address !

that means that your system doesn't work .

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually it does work, we backfill with our secondary providers if Yahoo does have some results but not enough. So it does work, as it's supposed to work.

Donny

vbigdeli

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so then...what's the benefits of having a TQ of 10??.....i would think that RPC would increase when TQ is a 10...no??

i don't know :?:

I have a few digital camera related domains but avg RPC is much less than $1..traffic source is top tier search engines(mostly US,CA or UK visitors)..but avg RPC is $ 0.25
I think type in traffic gets more RPC .

anyone knows which type of traffic have higher RPC?type in or SE traffic?

Last edited:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Assuming I have a name which gets good traffic (say several hundred visits/day) but that name has an extremely low CTR (for whatever reason), far less than the acct average, and makes little money, does that domain detract from my traffic quality score?

If the answer is yes (as I assume) would I be smart in parking that one at a different provider who does not use the TQ and Yahoo feed to make my parked.com TQ better?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader - No hits and searches does not cause any problems with a Yahoo system, it does hurt on a Google based system though. Obviously you can part it elsewhere to see how it does. Some domains depending on what they are may do better elsewhere. But only clicks effect your TQ score.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader - No hits and searches does not cause any problems with a Yahoo system, it does hurt on a Google based system though. Obviously you can part it elsewhere to see how it does. Some domains depending on what they are may do better elsewhere. But only clicks effect your TQ score. Donny

Thanks Donny, did not know that.

The fact that one performs so poorly does not reflect on you in any way. In fact, in addition to parked.com it does the same very low CTR at other providers too when parked at trafficz domainsponsor or namedrive. The odd thing is the traffic is very consistent, appears to be U.S. traffic and valid as far as I can tell. It is the worst performing name I have vs its high traffic.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many other parked users have domains that were going to one click landers and they have been changed by yahoo to two click landers now? This seems to be an on-going theme from yahoo regardless of names getting good traffic and clicks...then of course the name never makes nearly the same amount without the much more likely to click one click away from an ad page..

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On a somewhat different subject I am getting quite worried and concerned over the ongoing large revenue adjustments once the * finally goes away, many of which are from 20% to as much as 30% declines, i.e. Nov 3 which I believe was a huge 30% reduction :sigh2: even worse than some earlier big 20% declines.

Interesting why it appears to happen less in reverse. It seems like what with the law of averages and probablities involved big adjustments would be just as likely and as common on the upside vs the downside unless I am missing something?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and the BIG adjustments always seem to happen when the stats are delayed....like today...:(

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...then of course the name never makes nearly the same amount without the much more likely to click one click away from an ad page..

I believe Donny has even mentioned this before and I don't understand it. Why do clicks pay less on a one page parking page vs two page? I mean... advertisers don't bid different amounts for a keyword when it's on a one- vs two-page landing page, right? So why the difference?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stats aren't delayed today... The are processing right now. We think Ask finally got their problem(s) resolved.

Actually I know for sure on Google people pay less for a 1 click than a 2 click as a 1 click is a AFD/Content feed and 2 click is a search feed.

When you have a lot of 1 click domains, we have found that your TQ score is lower which makes you get paid less. Also advertisers tend to opt-out of 1 click domains much more often than 2 click domains.

Donny

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
donny - could you please tell us why it now takes all day to have yesterdays stats finalized as it started early this after noon ( i know as i saw the first reduction in YESTERDAYS stats ) and a few hours ago the second reduction ( another 10 % ) but hours later the STAR is still on there - please explain !

btw - REVENUE SURE STINKS LATELY !!

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, as I mentioned earlier Ask one of our providers surprised us with a new way to download their stats yesterday. So we implemented the downloading of the new numbers today, which did take a little bit longer than we expected. Once our finalization process starts, it has to finish, and since we didn't have the Ask number ready, the current days information got behind. It's currently about 4 hours behind and should be caught back up in a few hours.

I'm not saying revenue stinks or it doesn't, because it's definitely not what it was a year ago. But didn't you have your best day in 2 weeks on Monday?

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying revenue stinks or it doesn't, because it's definitely not what it was a year ago. But didn't you have your best day in 2 weeks on Monday? Donny

I *almost* did with my first $100 day but that was with the asterisk there and upon removal of the * it went down a giant 30% :sigh2:

That is the 2nd time it happened involving potential plus $100 days in past few weeks so I never had a real $100 day!

p.s. It seems like the more names I have parked and more traffic/clicks they get somehow have an odd disproportionate overall effect on the income?

Last edited:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader - you usually have 1 domain that gets over estimated, and it's never on clicks it' aways on price, it's your big .org domain. Yesterday we over estimated you about 3.5%, Monday less than 1%, but Sunday was pretty bad it was 21.3%, it seems you had some non-standard clicks. But Saturday you actually got paid 1.23% more than we estimated. We have been keeping all of the estimate data for about a year now.

My personal opinion is that you wll get your $100 one day this month, and then in it will drop in December, as December is normally the worse month for PPC especially the second half of the month and then it will pick back up in January.

Donny

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I know for sure on Google people pay less for a 1 click than a 2 click as a 1 click is a AFD/Content feed and 2 click is a search feed.

When you have a lot of 1 click domains, we have found that your TQ score is lower which makes you get paid less. Also advertisers tend to opt-out of 1 click domains much more often than 2 click domains.

Donny

Thank you for the response.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yesterday down 27% after adjustment...OUCH!....:(.....= -xxx....:(

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tony - Remind me to send you some numbers tomorrow. It might help to see where and why we are over estimating.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom