Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Transfer denied, the reason boggles my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate to bump an old thread, but I just found it.

edit: n/m wasn't thinkin straight =/

About the 60 day rule: Moniker has the same rule..from their TOS:

You agree that you may not transfer your domain name registration to another domain name registrar during the first sixty (60) days from the effective date of your initial domain name registration or change of ownership with us.

Except we all love Moniker. And they don't put this rule in effect if you just have to change your phone number. :rolleyes: Plus, I don't know if it's enforced, never tried to transfer out from there.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the policy, Moniker or not.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvestors said:
never tried to transfer out from there.

Has anyone? Moniker is great!

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ahh nevermind. my changes had no effect on your transfer..cuz all the whois changed anyway when you received ownership. Sorry I had too much work online today..my brain's fried from starin at the screen all day. :help:

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's any satisfaction to anyone.. I'm moving 262 domains out of godaddys grasp, at least the ones i can, of course some are still fresh and even a few still coming in through transfer. But everything is going and on top a campaign against them.

clipped

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank god i read this post, about to register 300 names...and this 60 day rule would kill the contract i will have going with the buyer...

it is a rule designed obviously to benefit godaddy...
thanx for the head up...

after i read parson's bio, i fell for it, now i realize its BS...designed to lure victims in...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The rule is because of chargebacks. If someone was allowed to register a name, transfer it to another registrar, charge back the registration fee, Godaddy wouldn't have any control over locking the domain until funds were paid. Most registrar's have the 60 day rule after initial payment. Godaddy takes it one step further and says if you change any part of the registrant contact information, you must wait another 60 days to transfer out.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As of yesterday I am 100% GD-free.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats.. still have a few locked as I updated the email address for transfer and they locked them for another 60 days... really should be against ICANN regulations as its nothing short of hijacking...

Reaction score
The ICANN Policy is for newly regsitered or transferred domains....not for changes to the registration. We do not lock up names for changes to the contact information. We will if you did an escrow, changed ownership, and used a credit card.

The policy of the 60 day lock at GD is their own rule and we have many names that came to us from them even though they have this rule....by leverage.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know about the ICANN regulations, hence the reason for the comment that this sort of action outside of ICANN should not be allowed.

It serves no purpose except to tie the domainer to the registrar...

I understand monikers reasons, but Godaddy eludes me. I got into a huge war of words with them last year, about a GD reseller, it took me posting some serious rhetoric on Bob Parsons Blog which got the attention of the Presidents office at which point they unlocked all the domains.

Their was no need for that, at all.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess the best thing to do is not use GD then.

They annoy me more than any other registrar.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
typeins said:
I guess the best thing to do is not use GD then.

Simplest solution...only it doesn't solve the problem of not being able to move
out domains due to their internal 60-day thing. :greensighw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom