Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Transfers away from Dotster and NameScout

Status
Not open for further replies.

domains

ComDeals.com - World-class domains for sale.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For those of us who captured a lot of Snapnames and Namewinner drops during 2002, it's becoming time to transfer those names away from NameScout ($25 renewal) and Dotster ($15 renewal). Unfortunately, both registries do not have automated scripts to acknowledge transfers. To speed up the process, send email requests asking them to ACK (acknowledge) the transfers.

Use the following email addresses:

[email protected] *** See update below.

[email protected]

I have gotten control of names within 24 hours using this procedure. Both registries claim that they look for transfers each day and ack them, but they don't because I've waited up to 8-9 days for Doster to let a name go.

UPDATE:

Transfers away from Dotster are now automated. After waiting for 3 days, I finally received an email from

[email protected]

to click on the link, and deny or approve the transfer. It is required to type in a "reason" for the transfer. I said "To consolidate and save money."

(Another problem with Dotster is that it takes too long for updates of contact information to hit the global whois. That's bunk.)

domains

ComDeals.com - World-class domains for sale.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YW. Just an update...Lately, getting NameScout.com to "ack" a name is more like pulling teeth.

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domains
YW. Just an update...Lately, getting NameScout.com to "ack" a name is more like pulling teeth.

That's an understatement.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domains

Just be glad they don't deny the transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom