Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

unread PMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincemeat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of the last 10 PMs I've sent, only 5 have been read which is really ridiculous when you consider that they were in response to people posting in the "Domains & Websites Wanted" section and ASKING for names to be sent in a PM. It's at least a little frustrating to have members check in and not read them.

Do you know if this (50%) is approximately the rate PMs are read? Or am I on some type of unlucky losing streak?

Thanks.

Vince

Upvote 0

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Some are read....but it won't appear as read because they do not enter the message. They can read it from the outside.

If someone is not interested they won't enter your message. ;)

AustinWeb

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
keep in mind that most people just read the email notification which includes the message

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the count that you see is not accurate because the people you sent it to can see a preview of the message here on the website without actually clicking to read it. And the message can be read in the email that the PM launches.
We turned off the content in the email but members overwhelmingly asked to put it back, because they enjoy reading it there in the email and not having to visit the site and log in and read it here. Too tedious for many fast-paced people.
Hope the info helps... basically we surveyed the members by changing that format and the response indicates that a huge majority of people read the message in their email inbox.
Kind regards.

Vincemeat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh, gosh, of course. How stupid of me, I didn't give that any thought.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators