Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Urgent Help 2 Accounts Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just awoke this morning to receive 5 e-mails saying that my domains have been pushed to an account dominero on enom.
I then checked my domainsite account and it seems the same person had hacked into that and stolen 118 of my domains from there.
The domains that had been pushed are worth in excess of over $11,000 not really sure what i should do how can i get them back someone must of hacked into my account.
If you need more details one of the domains was 5L.org.
Your help is muchly appreciated this is the first time something like this has happened and its not really a great feeling.

Here are some details about the offender:

Dominero Association
Stu Turbain
15654 Calle 65
lima, peru 167
PE
Phone: 1082883743
Phone Code: 51 Peru
Fax:
Email Address: [email protected]

Thanks

Morgan

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay i will try and get them back through the registrar if not i will contact the police and let them file a claim on the domains.
Just want to get them back.

Just added some info about the person.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You should also make sure to change your passwords.

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes will do so in the future right now though im really just wanting to get my domains back.
ASAP

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd change your password right now so he doesn't take anymore or take them again if you get them back.

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With my DomainSite account he has gone into it changed the password and contact details so that isnt able to be done.
Will do it with enom though.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How does this happen ? im getting worried,i thought that the registrars were unhackable ?

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They got his password somehow. I'm sure they didn't hack two registrars and target him specifically.

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes i feel that they had gotten my password and gotten into both accounts.

I didnt think anything could get worse but over night the guy managed to get into my Godaddy account and steal the 40 or so domains from there.
Havent received a reply from any of the registrars yet.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:
How does this happen ? im getting worried,i thought that the registrars were unhackable ?

Ideally, they are. In reality, a determined hijacker will at least try to find the
weakest spot and exploit it.

Unfortunately, such a thing happened in this case. :-(

SigRent, is it possible the contact email address or how the domain accounts
were accessed before were compromised? Really wonder how the hacker got
your password.

I'd hate to also think a social engineering attack occurred. (knock on wood...)

Meanwhile, Sig, make as much noise as you can with the other registrars who
have your domain names. At the very least, they'll lock them up and prevent
further things from being done to them pending resolution.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
contact and call all registrars.
since you found out about this right away, you will probably get all your names back relatively fast.

However, make sure you have somewhere a list fo all domains, in case he pushes the names into different sub/sub/sub/accounts.

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay just got my domains back from Enom, and i contacted domainsite they have them on a registry hold hopefully ill get them back in the next few days.
This is what godaddy has written though they have been the most unhelpful of the lot so far.

Thank you for your email. Per the UDRP, registrars are prohibited from making changes to a domain name without direction from a court or arbitration forum. If you are unable to come to a satisfactory agreement with the current registrant, you may wish to go through a court or arbitration forum (such as WIPO, The World Intellectual Property Organization, [email protected]).

When we receive notice of a pending legal dispute we will lock the domain name so that it cannot be transferred or otherwise modified.

Likewise, when we receive a decision, we will update the domain name accordingly.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that is why Godaddy is such a disaster. They are an immature company that is not geared towards people who have more than 1 domain.

M

mole

SigRent.com said:
Okay just got my domains back from Enom

Yes, you can always depend on eNom when you need help most. You can forget about the Daddy, bad rep when it comes to helping resolve theft.

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay it has been over a week since i have given an update, things arent looking as good the hacker has replied to domainsite saying he purchased them via cheque from myself, which of course isnt true.
They wrote me an e-mail saying that if he can provide proof they will push the domains back to him, this could be easy as he can just purchase a check and forge my signiture.
It would be greatly appreciated if some people could write to scott[at]domainsite.com and let him know i am the respectful owner and that i did not sell them to this guy.

Thanks

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Contact user "Owen". It might help if you can secure whois.sc copies of the
domains' past WHOIS details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom