Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.US Three-Letter Domains Next Group To Go? Zouzas Took Out 1,400 Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 4749

elusive_kudo said:
He was probably reffering to the three letter combos, and not about the .extension potential as a whole.

Yes, I mean 3letter combinations.
Research will confirm that hundreds of 3letter.us are already being used by endusers and many are being bought evry day.

Some people protect their national brand, some US companies get a 3letter .us after they realize their 3letter.com is not for sale or held by a huge company that won't sell for any reasonable amount.

I was surprised to notice a multibillion corporation - HIP on hipusa.com when hip.com is held by Anything Inc whic doesn't sell domains unless for an astronomic amount.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why those regulatory bozos at ICANN (or wherever they are) didn't allow for the .US extension to be named .USA instead. It would have been much, much, much more popular and valuable - much, much, much sooner and easier, than .US could.

I do realize that national domains are all in two letters, but now we have a stupid four letter extension (info)

Beside, couldn't they just break the ccTLD rules? I mean, Americans are famous for their ignorance and arrogance, so where is that famous trait when it really matters to us ?? :)

D

Deleted member 4749

It matters to me because I have registered a few hundred 3letter.us names several month back. ;)

M

mole

elusive_kudo said:
I do realize that national domains are all in two letters, but now we have a stupid four letter extension (info)

how about .museum :-D

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still 2853 available, including 3 letters and 3 digits.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
before the 3 letters info and biz got all picked up there were more 3 letter combos in .info and .biz then .us available to be registered which is unusal in that .us is a year in release behind both .info and .biz and has nexus restrictions unlike info and biz which stunts growth,,,,,,

M

mole

zouzas said:
before the 3 letters info and biz got all picked up there were more 3 letter combos in .info and .biz then .us available to be registered which is unusal in that .us is a year in release behind both .info and .biz and has nexus restrictions unlike info and biz which stunts growth,,,,,,

Not so unusual, zou. The bricks-to-clicks business community is often a tad conservative when it comes to new extensions.

The situation is steadily improving nonetheless eg ITN UK using http://www.itn.biz

Give it another 2 years, and things should really start to roar.

I think a mass changing breakthrough for .biz will come when http://www.cnn.biz activates. We just have to wait as senior management leisurely stroke their goatees.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i hear ya mole it will be interesting now that supply has dried up in those two extensions and just about in .us what effeect it will have on price in years to come ,,,,,

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
think said:
Q= quality

You can quickly quiz me about the quality of "Q" domains. It may not be the queen of all letters, but it's not quite as queer as some quote. In the quest for "Q" domains, you'll find a quarter of them already quietly taken by questionable sellers in small quantities, but quadruple that of Z and X.

Try that with Z or X!

:-D

"Q" is also more common in Spanish, which happens to be spoken very heavily and growing in the US.

I don't shy away from Q unless it's mixed WITH Z and X.

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked NRA.us for TM problems? I bet there's a TM on NRA from the National Rifle Association. If so, then the owner of NRA.us has bought a threatened lawsuit or real lawsuit.

if there's no TM problem with NRA - then that name may well be worth $50,000 or more.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hhunterjr said:
Has anyone checked NRA.us for TM problems? I bet there's a TM on NRA from the National Rifle Association. If so, then the owner of NRA.us has bought a threatened lawsuit or real lawsuit.

if there's no TM problem with NRA - then that name may well be worth $50,000 or more.

I would think that would happen ONLY if the person were naive enough to try to sell it to the National Rifle Association or to use it for gun related purposes. It's not that uncommon an acronym as you can see from this list from acronymfinder.com

NRA National Rifle Association
NRA NASA Research Announcement
NRA National Rail Association
NRA National Railway Authority
NRA National Recovery Act
NRA National Recovery Administration
NRA National Recreation Area (Park Service)
NRA National Recreation Association
NRA National Registration Authority (Australia)
NRA National Regulatory Authority
NRA National Rehabilitation Association
NRA National Renderers Association
NRA National Restaurant Association
NRA National Rivers Authority (UK)
NRA National Roads Authority (Ireland)
NRA National Rocketry Association
NRA Naval Reserve Association
NRA Navy Reporting Activity
NRA Net Rentable Area
NRA Network Resource Architecture
NRA No Repair Action
NRA Nœuds de Raccordement d’Abonnés (France Telecom)
NRA Nonregistered Accountable
NRA Non-Resident Alien
NRA Nonresident Aliens (US Government)
NRA Normal Retirement Age
NRA Nuclear Reaction Analysis
NRA Occupation Postal Tax (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)

Anyone with the initials of NRA should also have an equal claim, but would probably not pay a large sum for it.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hhunterjr said:

why would they pay this much.

please explain :)

they allready have a better domain.

I don't even think they'd pay < $5000 MAX

It's not worth that at all, but maybe to just protect themselves from someone using it negatively..

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
adoptabledomains said:
I would think that would happen ONLY if the person were naive enough to try to sell it to the National Rifle Association or to use it for gun related purposes. It's not that uncommon an acronym as you can see from this list from acronymfinder.com

Anyone with the initials of NRA should also have an equal claim, but would probably not pay a large sum for it.

Thorough research was done and it would seem to be a stretch for anyone to claim infringement, particularly in light of some of the other comments made in this thread (acronyms), and the fact that almost every other extension is taken with several disparate uses/applications. And we are not so naive as to approach anyone to sell this domain with a view to competing in the marketplace where NRA.us could be confusingly similar to active TM's.

That being said, if any person, company or organization felt compelled to make an unsolicited offer, I'm sure it would be given consideration.

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hhunterjr said:

:approve: :approve: :cheesy: :eek:k: :approve: :approve:

elequa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I fo not believe that nra is a TM unless used for the same goods/services www.nra.net
And, they are an Organization.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure NRA is not an active organization in Kuwait. And, a matter of fact, I don't think they are active outside of the U.S.

As long as Elequa does not use it to promote a gun or hunting assn. I don't think they will bother with him.

Elequa has said something to the effect of "Icann will have to grab NRA.net from these cold dead hands". :-D

elequa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interesting ActNow .... and thanks for explaining the quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom