Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.US Three-Letter Domains Next Group To Go? Zouzas Took Out 1,400 Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
Elequa "these cold dead hands" is a famous quote by Charles Heston, president of
the National Rifle Assn.

(Just for the record. I am one of the two million members of NRA.)

Hmmmm... Wonder if the braintrust ever thought of getting real patriotic and using the .us version for their media debut. It sure would go a long way to boosting the .us extension.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0417/gun.html

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beside, couldn't they just break the ccTLD rules? I mean, Americans are famous for their ignorance and arrogance, so where is that famous trait when it really matters to us ??

So you should get to break the rules? :-(

That's it. I opt for .canada :-D

Smith

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
Honestly, this seems like a HUGE waste of money.
I agree, I think that domain speculators kill new extensions buy buying the majority of the "good" domains, and by doing so stifling any development that might have given the extension a fighting chance.

A 3rd rate .com is still better than a first rate .whatever.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Smith said:
I agree, I think that domain speculators kill new extensions buy buying the majority of the "good" domains, and by doing so stifling any development that might have given the extension a fighting chance.

One main reason why we see VERY slow adoption of these new extensions.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Smith said:
I think that domain speculators kill new extensions buy buying the majority of the "good" domains, and by doing so stifling any development that might have given the extension a fighting chance..

May be so, may be not....but who is to say that if one person sits there with his hands in the lap thinking he'd reg only those names that he's going to develop the next person in line would have same altruistic approach...who're we kidding; this didn't happen even with .coms....the market takes care of such things and it'd happen here as well !!

Smith said:
A 3rd rate .com is still better than a first rate .whatever.

Now thats a pure, genuine .commer's slogan....keep it up and you'd be rewarded!!

Smith

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're welcome to believe what you want, but you're kidding yourself if you think that the older extensions, .com, .net. .co.uk etc were cleaned out in the same manor that the new extensions are being cleaned out as soon as they are released. The older extensions had time to develop and there are still good names to be found unregistered, it just takes more time to find them.

Also, I'm not just a .com'er I have a significant interest in other extensions, but I'm not willing to waste my money on the next made up tld like .cc .biz or .info. If .us was an actual country code and .com didn't exist sure I would buy them, but realistically, .com will be the dominant north American extension for the foreseeable future.

M

mole

Smith said:
Also, I'm not just a .com'er I have a significant interest in other extensions, but I'm not willing to waste my money on the next made up tld like .cc .biz or .info.

Interesting you classify .cc with .biz and .info.

Have you been in the domain business long? :)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
too much .fm and .tv rots your brain
heh

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Smith wrote:

You're welcome to believe what you want, but you're kidding yourself if you think that the older extensions, .com, .net. .co.uk etc were cleaned out in the same manor that the new extensions are being cleaned out as soon as they are released. The older extensions had time to develop and there are still good names to be found unregistered, it just takes more time to find them.

Also, I'm not just a .com'er I have a significant interest in other extensions, but I'm not willing to waste my money on the next made up tld like .cc .biz or .info. If .us was an actual country code and .com didn't exist sure I would buy them, but realistically, .com will be the dominant north American extension for the foreseeable future.
++++++++++++++++

Words of wisdom..

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mole wrote:

Interesting you classify .cc with .biz and .info.
++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree that these second rate domains can all be lumped together.

You can also throw in .US/.TV/ .TO/ .WS and the other CC TLD losers.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Smith said:
...If .us was an actual country code ...

Since when is .us not an actual country code? It's as much a county code as .ca, .co.uk, .de, etc. Although poorly enforced, it even has a nexus requirement.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I won't say that .us is not an actual country code, but you have to agree that it came much too late. All the other county code have been growing for years.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
I won't say that .us is not an actual country code, but you have to agree that it came much too late. All the other county code have been growing for years.

It existed for a long time, but was only done with a highly controlled geographic heirarchy that was cumbersome. Some states still live with the legacy heirarchy like www.sos.state.oh.us which is the Ohio Secretary of State site. I had applied for one of the free domains before it opened up, but my address would have been something like mark.ci.oregonia.oh.us for a 4 letter first name.

It is nice that it was opened up for regular second level registrations. I have no problem with the timing, as it let me get some good names that may not have been available in the boom of a few years ago. I now have my surname as a .us domain I use for personal email for my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom