Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

value of LLL.com in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good Thread. Really Interesting

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also noticed in the past few months more and more legal troubles for LLL.com owners. It has to be taken into account since udrp panelists are *weird* sometimes ;)

This uncertainty factor + the current economic climate are bad for business/ investments, so do not expect too much miracles with LLL.com this year (to say the least)...
Ps : I would be happy to be wrong :)

keyser's right:
"The Riches are Always Becoming Richer, the Poor always poorer" is word of mouth from a category of uneducated or/and jealous people worldwide who forget that, if there is no hand tended to them, they inevitably do shall starve.
Entrepreneurs are more and more considered marginals.
Laws, rules and regulations tend to make it difficult to run a business.
This is not a joke - It is real!

rajouri

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Price still going same... No price hike till now. When it will increase??

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Price still going same... No price hike till now. When it will increase??

Its almost FOUR YEARS since this thread started and if prices are almost same, how can we expect a price hike in near future?

Looking forward for comments from Senior/Experienced domainers as I still consider myself a newbie.

rajouri

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lll .com investors are afraid of UDRP basically. If they infringe any company then they will be under UDRP. LLLL .coms and LLLLL .com are constantly increasing then why not LLL .com domains?

LLL .com domain owners develop your site rather than on parking page. Good Luck LLL .com owners!!

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem with LLL.com is that they are pure speculative domains.

Their values lies within:
1. Rarity
2. They MAY represent someone's company's acronym

So unless you luck out and have an end user approaching you, 3 letter .com are just a random .com with no intrinsic use, unlike generic .com or geo .com

I am glad I sold my 3L .com a while back. Seeing many of them dipping in value to less than 5K each is sad.....

rajouri

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you think all premium LLL.com are a good investment?

Will they achieve 20% growth per year in the coming years?

All premium letters sell for $20K now, when do you think they
will hit $50K average price?

lll .com must hit high $xx,xxx in very near future.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem with LLL.com is that they are pure speculative domains.

Their values lies within:
1. Rarity
2. They MAY represent someone's company's acronym

So unless you luck out and have an end user approaching you, 3 letter .com are just a random .com with no intrinsic use, unlike generic .com or geo .com

I am glad I sold my 3L .com a while back. Seeing many of them dipping in value to less than 5K each is sad.....
The way I see it, there has been a market correction on the domainer market because their value had increased too fast.
But the depressed prices we are seeing are those on the reseller market.

Rarity: all domains are rare :) That alone does not make them valuable. LLL.biz/.info/.us are as rare but not worth as much
Company's acronym: of course, that's what makes them desirable.

I like the LLL.com because they are among the very few domain names that have immediate liquidity. Keep in mind that reseller pricing is the tradeoff for liquidity.

If you look at the UDRPs involving LLL.com, they are always lost for the same reasons: domain parked and displaying sponsored ads that infringe on the TM of some company, somewhere.
Don't park your valuable domains and remember that usage is the best defense.

I am not losing sleep over the legal risks, these names are simply valuable and therefore they are bound to attract envy.
While nobody wants to deal with complaints and lawsuits, I like to say that if you have no names that are court worthy in your portfolio you might be doing something wrong in this business :)

rajouri

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The way I see it, there has been a market correction on the domainer market because their value had increased too fast.

Rarity: all domains are rare :) That alone does not make them valuable. LLL.biz/.info/.us are as rare but not worth as much
Company's acronym: of course, that's what makes them desirable.

I like the LLL.com because they are among the very few domain names that have immediate liquidity. Keep in mind that reseller pricing is the tradeoff for liquidity.

If you look at the UDRPs involving LLL.com, they are always lost for the same reasons: domain parked and displaying sponsored ads that infringe on the TM of some company, somewhere.
Don't park your valuable domains and remember that usage is the best defense.

I am not losing sleep over the legal risks, these names are simply valuable and therefore they are bound to attract envy.
While nobody wants to deal with complaints and lawsuits, I like to say that if you have no names that are court worthy in your portfolio you might be doing something wrong in this business :)

Good one. lll .com investors are looking for good future.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think they are valuable, yes. But not 10K~20K valuable except to collectors.
For example, TEM.com ( they are all premium letters and pronounceable, right?), but what product or commercial use can you do with it unless you brand it? But then again, the same brand-ability can be said about many other non 3L domains.

I love 3L .com, but I just don't think they are 5 figures in value.... Katherine is right, the market is simply adjusting itself.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LLL are for corporate acronyms (like LL). But for that reason alone they are status symbols and that comes at a price :)
Because many companies are known by their 3-letter acronym and .com is the global business extension. How many Fortune 500 companies don't have their .com ?

LLL.com are still selling to end users, well above reseller pricing.
http://domainnamewire.com/2012/06/29/wan-com-closes-on-godaddy-for-670005/
Looks like end users have more faith in domain names than domainers lately ;)

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah resellers creating a false economy has a lot to do with it. I know this is a LLL.com thread but anyone who thought LLL.info were going to become valuable needs their head examined.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, so 3 L .com's value is essentially waiting for "corporate endusers " to come and buy them. It's very hard / near impossible for an average domainer to develop a website or make use of a random 3L .com.

Maybe it's just me personally, I only buy domains that I know that I may be able to develop myself when I feel like to.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that reseller pricing is the tradeoff for liquidity.

Exactly. And more importantly the fact that the reseller market is the ONLY liquidity domains have. Otherwise it would be a registrar/end-user world, and names to reg would be alot more $ to the registrar, and alot less $ from the end-user.

The reseller recession here and now, is rooted in the competition for reseller investment dollars by the ever expanding lunch buffet of extentions, most of which would not be supported if left in a true registrar/end-user only world.

Yeah resellers creating a false economy has a lot to do with it.

As stated above, resellers are the ONLY mechanism that gives the essence of an economy in the domain world.
Without resellers, domains would just be a service industry catering to the business client.

rajouri

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To me LLL.com are money in the bank. Worth sitting on waiting for an end-user. It's pointless selling them in a reseller market.

Reselling into the domainers caused price down. I agree with you @RobM lll .coms are bank in money or GOLD BAR. Lets see the market in future.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To me LLL.com are money in the bank. Worth sitting on waiting for an end-user. It's pointless selling them in a reseller market.

Well you can say that about any domain, but I suppose it depends on what the market is doing, easy to make money with liquid domains in a bull market, not so much in a falling or stagnant market

rajouri

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

End user comes or not, value is exponentially increasing because number of online companies are developed each day. That's plus...

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thing is, the companies does not have to use 3 L acronym as their website name. Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Microsoft...etc they don't have to use 3L to be successful.
A good brande-able name .com is as good as a 3 L

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get inquiries for LLL.com almost every week. But:
  • while many people would love to own one, they are not willing to pay the price
  • most inquiries seem to be from domainers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom