Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Was Registerfly hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, humor seems to lighten things up. You're a registerfly fan too?
No.. not at all... steer clear is the only way .

... so your point is ....

Domain Days 2024

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No.. not at all... steer clear is the only way .

... so your point is ....

I've been burnt by Registerfly, and MANY, MANY, MANY people have. And it's been posted MANY times already, so, "steer clear" is exactly my point! Why anyone that regularly visits dnforum would still have a single domain at regfly is mind boggling.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unfortunately , people do still reg domains there , and not every one visits this ( or other ) boards . So unfortunately it is not uncommon for people to buy domains that are already there ... and it can a pain in the ass trying to get them out of regfly ( as you know ), especailly now that EPP codes are needed .

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unfortunately , people do still reg domains there , and not every one visits this ( or other ) boards . So unfortunately it is not uncommon for people to buy domains that are already there ... and it can a pain in the ass trying to get them out of regfly ( as you know ) .

Yes, I know all too well. For me, it took the threat of a law suit to get them to return access to my account and domains.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It should be noted that late last night all four domains that had been pushed out got pushed back into my account and a note that it was by Registerfly itself and not from the person who had stolen them. I don't know if they had multiple reports about the user it went to or what exactly the deal was, but it's now taken care of, and even before the office opened in the morning on Monday, which is when I expected to get some serious response on it.

On top of that, all four names look like they have had their renewal date extended by a year. Not sure if that was something Registerfly did or if the thief renewed them all once he had control and i just benefited from it.

I have had several problems with Registerfly in the past, mostly with glitches in listings and renewals/transfers, but as long as you double check everything and contact them when you spot something (repeatedly, as the first response to any support ticket looks like it was written by someone in India who never even heard of a domain name) it has always gotten taken care of for me.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your lucky you got your domains back now quick transfer them to another place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom