Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What do you hate most about this domain business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

I'll start with my pet peeves:-

1. Registrants who don't bother with courtesy and ignore your emails when you ask them if they are interested in selling their names.

2. Registrars who spam you everyday with renewal notices on names that I transfered out months ago from them. Dotster is horrible for that.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole I'll start with my pet peeves:- 1. Registrants who don't bother with courtesy and ignore your emails when you ask them if they are interested in selling their names.
2. Registrars who spam you everyday with renewal notices on names that I transfered out months ago from them. Dotster is horrible for that.

Right, it's amazing how they don't reply. Also very annoying why registrars send renewals out on names long ago transferred away. Dotster must have sent me dozens on 2 names I transferred away almost a yr ago.

In fact, just got another notice yesterday. Every time I get it I waste time looking it up over and over to make sure I am not making an error. NetSol has sent me renewal notices on a name I transferred away more than 2 yrs ago, what idiots.

#3 for me is how when someone inquires about a domain asking for a price but they rarely reply (even if you don't give them a price right away). For all they know you will sell the name for next to nothing but they still fail to respond after they initialized the sales inquiry, very annoying and also odd.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. People that tell me .ws stands for "World Site" or "Web Site"

2. People that ask for domain appraisals and then argue with you when you give it.

3. People that post names for sale with high link numbers that they KNOW get no traffic.

4. People that promote affiliate programs.... that they have never used.

5. People that go into chat rooms and sit there for 16 hours without saying anything.

6. People that get 100 uniques a week telling others which is the best PPC company.

7. People that post domain wanted ads with the title "high traffic names wanted" with the sub title "budget up to $35".

8. People that complain about Buy Domains and Ultsearch

9. People that believe WLS will save the day.

10. People that have been in the business for 2 weeks and want to know all the answers ... NOW!

11. People that post domain sales ads with the titles "Awesome Names" or "Killer Names" or Premium Names" and are selling crap.

12. People that feel the need to respond to every second post made on the board with "great name" or "good luck" or the 1000 other wasted replies.

13. People that make posts, which have 15 replies ... all from themselves.

14. People that have "going out of business" sales that should really say "Selling my crap names and keeping my decent ones" sale.

15. People that give appraisal ranges like "2k - 20K" depending on type of purchaser.

16. People that think "type-ins" are a myth.

The above are only my personal pet peeves. Any resemblance to domainers past, present or future is purely coincidence.

Shaun

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Plus, people who think .st stands for "street".

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
people who refuse to sell me two letter .coms for $2k

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by aactive
1. People that tell me .ws stands for "World Site" or "Web Site"

2. People that ask for domain appraisals and then argue with you when you give it.

3. People that post names for sale with high link numbers that they KNOW get no traffic.

4. People that promote affiliate programs.... that they have never used.

5. People that go into chat rooms and sit there for 16 hours without saying anything.

6. People that get 100 uniques a week telling others which is the best PPC company.

7. People that post domain wanted ads with the title "high traffic names wanted" with the sub title "budget up to $35".

8. People that complain about Buy Domains and Ultsearch

9. People that believe WLS will save the day.

10. People that have been in the business for 2 weeks and want to know all the answers ... NOW!

11. People that post domain sales ads with the titles "Awesome Names" or "Killer Names" or Premium Names" and are selling crap.

12. People that feel the need to respond to every second post made on the board with "great name" or "good luck" or the 1000 other wasted replies.

13. People that make posts, which have 15 replies ... all from themselves.

14. People that have "going out of business" sales that should really say "Selling my crap names and keeping my decent ones" sale.

15. People that give appraisal ranges like "2k - 20K" depending on type of purchaser.

16. People that think "type-ins" are a myth.

The above are only my personal pet peeves. Any resemblance to domainers past, present or future is purely coincidence.

Shaun

wow! my new favorite member. could not have said it better myself. right on.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what I dont like about it, is the lack of any social life that results from 'domainering'...
I am out for dinner, and I think, did I bid high enough on that name?
did I forget to renew something?
I keep having to run to the computer whenever and wherver I am.

sometimes it gets real bad. I once asked the barman to make me a '.com on the rocks'...
My lady friend was not pleased.
That's my say on it.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate getting a Pool.com email notice for a name I backordered and seeing it has a $3500 bid after 5 minutes.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by aactive
Why did you have a going out of business sale then?

:-D :laugh: :-D

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because I am trying to clean out some old domains and everyone likes a going out of business sale. It's a time when you can buy something way under value. That's one reason, the other is I am getting back 100% into the adult world and I could use all the funds I can get my hands on.

I do hate one thing though, guess what it is.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one dislike, all the good shed names have gone..

otherwise.... everyone has been great, made some good contacts, made some great sales, and bought some alright names(that are in development, of course).

but yes, when it is semi-parttime, it does get heavy when you bore peps in the pub about domain names.. but i suppose it beats boring them about beer or sheds. or sheds and beer.

oh and some good friends along the way (forgot about that)

oh and Ed30 when he gives me a true value of my names..
(why can't he just lie)
they do sound great when you reg them honest... milkbeer.com was going to be the next big thing... you wait theres still time..

wvspecialkvw

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dislike narrow minded posters....not to say any of you are...
when someone posts an idea or a thought...half the time it gets shot down by another member with an attitude, like its their way or the highway...:mad: :-D

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Very well said AActive / Shaun.

I also hate people who think they know it all. This ties in somewhat with what Special K says above with people being narrow-minded.

No matter who you are, there is always more to learn and know.

-Bob

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People that think that no life exists outside of .com.

Interpret it as you will.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What do you hate most about this domain business?
Thanks for letting me vent it, finally! :D I really don't like (I won't say "hate" though) people who think and talk like they are some big guys of the domain name industry just by posting a bit more (usually nonsense) in forums or getting into some small circle and then start telling others where to go. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom