Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What do you hate most about this domain business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate people who put boogers under their desks.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
It is also a pet peeve of mine when a person makes one decent sale and all of a sudden, they think they are an expert. One sale does not make an expert. Lots of sales plus time does.

-Bob

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He probably doesn't like you much either, lol.

C0113c70r

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really hate posting specific requirements for a domain that I want, then everybody and their pet dog offers me domains that don't even closely resemble what I'm looking for. I mean, if I post that I'll happily purchase a .com domain no longer than 10 characters in length to be used for a search portal, I don't want to see a person post his entire .org/.net domain name list to my thread with names like IDontKnowWhatYouMean.net and MyDogAteMyLunchAgain.org!

I hate when sellers lure you into their threads with titles like Dictionary Word Domain and they're selling non-dictionary word domains like FillItUp.com and typos like domians.com.

Just a couple of my pet peeves.

--- C0113c70r

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate Registrars that think THEY own my domains and can do what they want with them without asking me.

Who told them they can place a ppc search engine on my names, or an advertisement for their service? Who told them they could lock or re-lock my names or change auth codes at will without even notifying me? Who told them they could take my contact information and modify a whois record as they see fit? Who told some of them that they don't have to supply auth codes without faxed, id copied and notorized requests?

We should all get together and set a business standard, supply it to them and boycott those who don't comply and support those that do.
Doc

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
Thanks for letting me vent it, finally! :D I really don't like (I won't say "hate" though) people who think and talk like they are some big guys of the domain name industry just by posting a bit more (usually nonsense) in forums or getting into some small circle and then start telling others where to go. :rolleyes:

Well said.

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oops .biz is a members username :goofy:

also hate..
people who sell linkpop and ovt names that get no traffic and advertise as names that do

people who call me a typosqutter :-(

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate misleading Ebay titles like 3 letter .com and it's 1H4.com.
When did #s become letters?

I hate getting script generated lowball spam offers for my names.

I hate getting spam emails from a member of this forum trying to sell me the .net .org .biz versions of my .coms weekly for each name. It's me that should be spamming him.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
End users who don't seem to think that the usual business rules and professionalism apply when buying domain names eg send me 10 emails trying to hack the price down when I've already given them a large discount - phone me at home when I've asked them not to - take a month to reply to an email etc etc etc...

shaw

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate the registrars whose sole purpose of existence is to rent out their connections to Pool, Snapnames, and Namewinner.

I hate people who claim they have trademarks on words and common terms.

I hate the dotorg registry for making transferring org domains such a pain in the ass.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i hate members who give appraisals on names that they don't know value on.

New members, more in specific.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dont hate!

Apreciate!

:lol:

Kazam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NO 1 hate: When you finally own a nice big name with tons of type-in and a corporation desides that they want it or that is a "trademark infringement" although you only match there name by 60%. The hassel the cost --- OOoooooo makes me wanna ....hit the ceiling!

D

Deleted member 4749

I hate people who pretend to be friends but then once you start doing business with them they try to screw you ever way they possibly could and then think that they finally screwed you without you even noticing it when you knew of it all along.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
I hate it when someone resurrects a thread that died 9 months ago.
LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom