Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What do you hate most about this domain business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
I hate it when someone resurrects a thread that died 9 months ago.

Nice catch ActNow! :wink: I have to agree. :)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aactive said:
1. People that tell me .ws stands for "World Site" or "Web Site"

1. People who think that someone outthere knows that WS stands for Western Samoa.

aactive said:
2. People that ask for domain appraisals and then argue with you when you give it.

2. People who give their false and crappy "appraisals" based on either their cluelessness, greed, dishonesty, personal business reasons and ego, or the combination of thereof.

aactive said:
3. People that post names for sale with high link numbers that they KNOW get no traffic.

People that believe that other people should hide away and not disclose their inbound links when selling those domains.

aactive said:
4. People that promote affiliate programs.... that they have never used.

People that marry each other without getting to know each other better.

aactive said:
5. People that go into chat rooms and sit there for 16 hours without saying anything.

5. People who KNOW that other people go into chatrooms and sit there for 16 hours without saying anything.

aactive said:
6. People that get 100 uniques a week telling others which is the best PPC company.

6. People who think that their clicks are different from anyobody else's. The belongers to so called "My clicks are special" cult.

aactive said:
7. People that post domain wanted ads with the title "high traffic names wanted" with the sub title "budget up to $35".

7. Agree.

aactive said:
8. People that complain about Buy Domains and Ultsearch

8 People that admire BUY DOMAINS (who are biggest assholes in the world)

aactive said:
9. People that believe WLS will save the day.

9 People that believe that the current system is fair, and supports all the domainers equally.

aactive said:
10. People that have been in the business for 2 weeks and want to know all the answers ... NOW!

10. People that have been in the business for 2 years and intentionally want newbies to go through the same needless crap they went through, feeling somehow that everybody needs to pay "their dues".

aactive said:
11. People that post domain sales ads with the titles "Awesome Names" or "Killer Names" or Premium Names" and are selling crap.

11. People who time after time keep clicking and checking those domain sales ads with the titles "Awesome Names" or "Killer Names" or Premium Names", and actually expecting something out of it (classic "definition of insanity" cases).

aactive said:
12. People that feel the need to respond to every second post made on the board with "great name" or "good luck" or the 1000 other wasted replies.

12. People who believe that those engaging in curteousy, flattery and encouragement are wrong.

aactive said:
13. People that make posts, which have 15 replies ... all from themselves.

13. Its hard being lonely. :)

aactive said:
14. People that have "going out of business" sales that should really say "Selling my crap names and keeping my decent ones" sale.

14. "Going out of business" actually means - "I'm selling my dumb mistakes".
Since everyoby has right to make their own mistakes, don't see why would that bother anyone.

aactive said:
15. People that give appraisal ranges like "2k - 20K" depending on type of purchaser.

15. People who believe that end user domain prices can never vary widely, and will never depend on so many factors being just right.

aactive said:
16. People that think "type-ins" are a myth.

16. People that think "type-ins" are not a myth.... and then they tell you their domain with extension had certain number of searches in Overture network???

aactive said:
The above are only my personal pet peeves. Any resemblance to domainers past, present or future is purely coincidence.

The above are only my personal pet peeves. Any resemblance to domainers past, present or future is purely coincidence.

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A real pet peeve of mine is when I sell a domain for low $xxx and the buyer brags that he sold it for $xx,xxx a few days later. To make it even better, this guy has the nerve to try to knock down my price on other domains after that lol.

Kazam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I Hate Nominet's Drs Service And Wipo And Domain Hosts Giving Out Your List Of Domain To The Fist Lawyer Who Claims To Have Rights To One Of You Names.

Don't Worry I Wont Mention 123reg.co.uk Aka. Hosteurope's Name In This Regard!

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So many obvious ones left unsaid. Let the thread live on!!!

#432. I hate the fact that it's 4:45am, I've slept a mere 2 hours, have to go to work in 3 hours, but I'm stuck in front of my computer hoping for the elusive deal, which as of the past 12 months have been fewer and farther between.

#434. I hate that eNom holds my commissions for 90 days. I keep checking back... and checking back... resisting the urge to fund my account from my PayPal account, all for a measly $3 fee... knowing that domain I want will probably be gone by the time my next commission is available...

#435. I hate renewals.

#436. I hate non-centralized WHOIS (What would I do without whois.sc?)

#437. I hate the DNS system (Whose bright idea was it to base a name-to-IP system on DNS servers registered by NAME and not IP address? Name-to-IP-to-name?)

#438. I hate that I have been on this board for 18 months, and I really don't "know" anyone. My own fault, I guess, with only 468 posts.

#439. I hate that I will be half asleep at work all day tomorrow (today?) because of this addiction.

#440. I hate Pool.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom