Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What have you sacrificed for domaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once you get married you lose your social life and girlfriends anyway.. so yeah enjoy life while you can. In a few years you will be back :p

Domain Days 2024

catchiedomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
Once you get married you lose your social life and girlfriends anyway.. so yeah enjoy life while you can. In a few years you will be back :p

Crap you beat me to that response

I have spent a pile of money. Have about 20% back
I used to spend all my time playing BF2 now I never play.
My wife carrys a picture of the back of my head and shows it to people saying its the only way she reconizes me.
I used to get laid more often but I don't think domaining is the root cause of that.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tough choices and sacrifices domainers have been faced with!!!

3ntrepreneur

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have sat at my computer so much that i probably will get dementia by the time i am 30!

Also i was wondering how i accessed this part in DNF and now i have a fish under my ribbon. Can anyone else access this part as well?

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sacrificed a goat to the Domain Gods - that's all that's required. You guys are doing this domaining stuff all wrong :worried:

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's something wrong with you people. Except Beachie...I think.

Leave your computers for days at a time. It's really nice. And if you missed any great opportunities during those days, that just means there are still great opportunities out there.

I think one of the big mistake people make in life in general is trying to pick up every good opportunity. It drives you nuts, you can't take a break and it causes you to make bad decisions. Sometimes the opportunity is good but the timing is bad. Don't be afraid to pass on a few of them. There will be plenty of good opportunities in the future for all of us, make sure both the timing and the opportunity are good.

DomainDame

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Time, Money, Sleep, Money, Social Life, ......Did I say money?

BUT ...... I'm loving every minute of it.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too much sadly.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:

Leave your computers for days at a time. It's really nice. And if you missed any great opportunities during those days, that just means there are still great opportunities out there.

I think one of the big mistake people make in life in general is trying to pick up every good opportunity. It drives you nuts, you can't take a break and it causes you to make bad decisions. Sometimes the opportunity is good but the timing is bad. Don't be afraid to pass on a few of them. There will be plenty of good opportunities in the future for all of us, make sure both the timing and the opportunity are good.

Good advice.

I know I bought too many domains.

Enjoy the outdoors more, like when you were a kid.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is that there is no worse fate on earth than working for someone else at a job you don't love. If you are smart then your worst case-scenario as a domainer is that you will actually have to schedule normal activities...and force yourself to get out more.

Over 90 percent of careers are pretty much useless, but the domain game is genius because it rewards those who have the most knowledge of history...and words, and it rewards staying on top of current events.

Lots of things are over-rated. I can reach the Pacific Ocean in about 8 minutes and everytime I go there I last about ten minutes....it gets old pretty quick. I wouldn't mind having a condo over-looking it everyday, though.

The grass is always greener. Don't make the mistake of thinking that the grass is greener elsewhere. Even million-dollar athletes have it worse than us....they have to be certain places all of the time...with not a lot of flexibility.

Rick Schwartz said in an article that not one moment of his life is owed to anyone...something like that. He also said that any moron can find work for himself and tie up his time.

The goal is to create as much financial independence as possible...while enjoying all of the steps. If you can do that then you can pursue all of the things that people think are exciting...but really aren't.

Financial freedom and good health is all you need....if you have that then everything else is just gravy.

Get the money....travel....continue to create and manage your list....repeat.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
Good advice.

I know I bought too many domains.

Enjoy the outdoors more, like when you were a kid.

I've tried, but my laptop always seems to find a way to come with me.

I think the bottom line is that Domain Names are addiciting. I'm at the point where I don't do this to make money. I've made all the money I need at this point in my life. I do it because I enjoy doing it and I consider it more of a hobby than a job.

I managed to take about 2 months off from April-May. I made around $26,000 in March so I treated myself to a vacation. I found that when I came back I was a bit rusty and it almost felt that domaining was hard to get back into.

I'm back in the game now and I truely enjoy every minute of it. Even though I want to pull my hair out sometimes.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:

Well said.

But still hurts...

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:

I disagree. Alot of people do this as a primary source of income. Miss out on an opportunity and miss out on a paycheck.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
an open phone line, is about all i have lost since domaining is profitable for me, I dont feel it is a problem, although family and friends chew me out once a week, just to lazy to switch to dsl

oh yeah forgot to mention sacrificed probably patience, I no longer have any patience for endusers or domainers, if endusers prefer to pay google 5 dollars per click than offer me a decent price for a traffic name, and domainers who continue to ask for stats and offer 50 dollars for a name that makes that in 5 days, so yes add patience to my list, I no longer even care to sell domains or even talk to buyers

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there has been days where i worked 18 hours a day with the domains and negotiating on deals. These days I spend less time but more quality time.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I might be one of the few people that lost allot of money domaining, or maybe just one the few to admit it? LOL. Stupid secondary extensions. Whatever... Hehe. Cheers,

Acro

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
simon said:
there has been days where i worked 18 hours a day with the domains and negotiating on deals. These days I spend less time but more quality time.

Or time negotiating deals just to have them fall through...been there, done that.

:fencing:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess I could say that I've wasted money. Probably not as much as some of you guys though. I've always been able to turn my domain names around.

I did sacrifice 75 dollars to Pool during the EU landrush. They secured a domain for me and I still havent heard from them..though they charged me.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to look like Brad Pitt in the 'Legends of the Fall' movie.

Now I look like Gollum in his cave. :peep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom