Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

What host will allow me to host the most wordpress installations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How to protect against hacker bots? Is a Captcha not enough for new user signups?

I have an issue with comments sometimes but all my WP sites are set up so that I have to approve comments. Plus, Akismet (plugin included w/ every WP installation) does a good job of blocking a lot of them.

Even with cheap / shared hosting.

Hyphen

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://whoahost.com/hosting.html - The Enterprise package can host unlimited domains. Use the coupon code "whlove" during checkout and you'll get 50% off the month of year. It's a really great host at a really low price.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://whoahost.com/hosting.html - The Enterprise package can host unlimited domains. Use the coupon code "whlove" during checkout and you'll get 50% off the month of year. It's a really great host at a really low price.

You have to be careful with these offers. Even a solid hosting company like Hostgator, that claims 'unlimited' hosting, is NOT unlimited.

With Hostgator they do have a limit on the total number of files, they call them file handles. I think the limit is 250,000 file handles. While that sounds like a lot, if you are installing a lot of wordress, and they are all at active, you can easily exceed 250,000 file handles.

In addition, entry level accounts are on a shared box and you can overload it very easily. Your users will hate your very slow-responding sites.

So I think the answer is, dont try to get something for nothing. Get good hosting, and find out all the limits, and monitor your sites; if you exceeed your account or your box then upgrade.

And dont believe anyone's ads without more research.

Hyphen

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to be careful with these offers. Even a solid hosting company like Hostgator, that claims 'unlimited' hosting, is NOT unlimited.

With Hostgator they do have a limit on the total number of files, they call them file handles. I think the limit is 250,000 file handles. While that sounds like a lot, if you are installing a lot of wordress, and they are all at active, you can easily exceed 250,000 file handles.

In addition, entry level accounts are on a shared box and you can overload it very easily. Your users will hate your very slow-responding sites.

So I think the answer is, dont try to get something for nothing. Get good hosting, and find out all the limits, and monitor your sites; if you exceeed your account or your box then upgrade.

And dont believe anyone's ads without more research.
The term "unlimited" isn't so farfetched when it comes to addon domains and parked domains. If a company is promising you unlimited space and bandwidth, they are overselling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom