Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

What is your highest price sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my case I didn't see the opportunity clearly enough.
Hindsight is 20/20.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was responding to the previous post. Go back one and then re read my answer.

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dingo
1k is my highest so far for chainsaws.co.nz :)

wohl, what opportunity are you talking about exactly?
please educate the uneducated.

Millions of dollars worth of domains were dropping every month. The ones raking in the big money were clearly those who had arranged exclusive access with a registrar.
Anyone could have made hundreds of thousands of dollars by approaching a registrar and signing an exclusive deal with them.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by URLtrader
I sold an Indian City name for $750 at Afternic. I also got offers for a Biotech name for $1500, then $2500, then $35000 but I am holding on to it. I hope to sell it for six figures in future.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so what domain name are we talking here that price$35K?

It was DNAmap.com , .net , .org , .us and .ca

Recently someone offered me $9000 for Genetics.us which
I refused.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you then ask them to buy it for $10000 or more?

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This post has left me with both positive and negative feelings about the domain industry.

Negatives - comments made regarding other people and their courses of action in the domain industry. In my opinion, that is just not on and is no way to conduct yourself in business. I say good on everyone who has taken their time to educate themselves on how to profit from this industry without physically hurting anyone else in the process. If it makes them rich, then the time they've taken to learn has been worth every millisecond.

Positives - sheesh, if MikeMike's names can sell for the prices stated, maybe there is hope for some of mine. :) (btw I'm not saying those names weren't good - just stating how a name is worth what the buyer wants to pay.)

Who'd ever guess the prices we see names have sold for ... I wouldn't, yet I continue to dream that one day someone out there is going to want one of my names for some ludicrous amount and what will I say? Will I turn them down on their high offer and say they can have it for less - huh - I don't think so.

Is money my motivation in this industry - you bet your bottom dollar it is! After all, people don't go to work for the fun of it do they? (Well, no-one I know anyway). I consider this to be a job albiet one I pay to have, but nonetheless, it's a job and I aim to do my very best at it. Luckily, I really enjoy the anticipation of gaining a good name from a drop - I'm big on the old adage "speculate to accumulate".

While it depresses me that my chances of ever gaining a highly valuable domain name from a drop are probably Buckleys or None because I don't have inside information or the necessary amount of knowledge to achieve that, I still live in hope that some of my names have value and while they may not make me a millionnaire (or however you spell that darn word) ;) - they will give me the opportunity to live comfortably without financial stress.

So, here's my wish for 2003:

May all your domains be good ones,
May all your time be put to good use,
and
May you all have at least one great sale to post in this thread.

Happy domaining people :)

Deb
P.S. My highest was $2.5k for a four letter .com about 18 months ago.

Edited to add this:

PPS - MikeMike, you wouldn't want to share some of your excellent domain sales tactics would you? :)

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dvdrip
Did you then ask them to buy it for $10000 or more?

I asked for a higher figure. He says he needs time to think and will get back to me.:)

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The good days were when you didn't NEED a leased registrar connection to get the good stuff. :^(

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom