Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

where does DNforum stand on domain fraud ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i know of a 'exclusive' member in this forum who bought a domain at a other forum and made a chargeback on the payment and refuses to return that domain.( all this can be backed up be screenshots)

this member visits this forum almost everyday.
this member also will attent the traffic convention in fl.and try to buy and sell names .

my question is would dnforum do anything to protect their members from this person if i would contact someone at dnforum and whom should i contact ?

Domain Days 2024

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Were you the person he purchased from?

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have proof, post it and nail him. I don't want these sort of people on this board, it's going to drive away the good members eventually and it will be a place to be avoided with.

Or maybe just go to the mods directly, I don't know.

Jay

(he can also lose his Exclusive membership that way :)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try PMing DotComGod. He is online. Or ImpactAdmin

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i forwarded the last private message i got from this member to DotComGod a short while ago and hoping i get some kind of response.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In this case, posting about it here probably isn't a horrible idea. If Adam is busy, i'm sure he will get to it when he can. Having a visual reminder is never a bad thing though, as long as it's done in good taste, and this is.

Jay

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In this case, posting about it here probably isn't a horrible idea.

Well, if it happened outside of DNF, it just might be. I think I'd give an admin time to see what to do. Just my 2 cents of course.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you have the facts to post then you should certainly post in "people to avoid" in my opinion, if you are certain you were scammed then let us know who to avoid.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i posted this already in that part of the forum some time ago , however this forum did not do anything about it - this is why i did post this question here to see and read the opinion of the forum admin , however so far AGAIN no response.

does this mean exclusive members can commit fraud at other places and be still exclusive members here ?

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's mostly the same people on the main 3 domain forums anyway, so I don't see why it matters where the fraud took place. If you have proof, post it in the "people to avoid dealings with" section, so we can avoid doing business with this person.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
does this mean exclusive members can commit fraud at other places and be still exclusive members here ?

Of course not.

But you have to look at it from the other point of view. Here at DNForum, ImpactAdmin and DotComGod have control of the forums and community. At other places, they do not. They don't have access to PM history, emails sent (through the forum) etc on other forums. It's hard to look at situations from other forums.

I'm not saying don't post their information. You obviously can do what you want. I'm saying it would probably be a good idea to wait and see what the admins say. DNF has been known not to get involved with situations from other communities.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, now it is october - this person STILL has my domain and still parks it - and he still goes to this and the other forum ( the other forum asked him to return the domain) - unfortunatly this forum seams to do nothing ?

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wolfis.com said:
unfortunatly this forum seams to do nothing ?
B/c we pay for membership, I don't think DNF will ban anyone unless the fraud is taken place here. So in answer to your question:

wolfis.com said:

Yes.

(correct me, if anyone has been banned for fraud outside DNF)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just letting you know the link to Domain State won't come up unless you're a member.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If wolfis says it happened I beleive him, from years of following his posts here and DS, he is a straightfoward honest guy, maybe a little ruff sometimes but allways honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom