Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Where to find good domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnh

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like top one word domains.

I've made some money from small investments, but now I want to play with the big boys (dnforum) :D

Dropcatchers, DNF, Sedo, anywhere else? I don't really want to pay end-user prices or compete with the biggest industry players, so that already cuts out stuff like TRAFFIC and Rick Latona.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like top one word domains.

I've made some money from small investments, but now I want to play with the big boys (dnforum) :D

Dropcatchers, DNF, Sedo, anywhere else? I don't really want to pay end-user prices or compete with the biggest industry players, so that already cuts out stuff like TRAFFIC and Rick Latona.

Hi

if you wanna play with the big boys, then you gotta have "big boy money", "big boy resources" and "big boy knowledge".

top one word domains command high-end prices, so if you're not prepared to pay, what some would consider "end-user" pricing, then you won't be able to compete.

you'll have to scrutinize the endless list of domains on various auctions and expiring lists. maybe even sent out email inquires to current owners

dropcatchers are your best bet, though if a key one word did expire and make it to auction, you can bet the price will be high...unless everybody is sleeping. :)

but every now and then, something good slips thru the cracks.

those are called the "crumbs"

when or after the sharks get thru feeding, there's always a morsel or two left behind.

that's where i come in...

because i am the "crumbsnatcher" :)

imo...

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like "big" says most of us are crumbsnatchers unless you got a few hundred thousand to play with ?

hnh

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I shouldn't even bother with conferences, GreatDomain auctions, Sedo, etc. if I'm looking for a bargain (relative to the quality of the domain) right?

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I shouldn't even bother with conferences, GreatDomain auctions, Sedo, etc. if I'm looking for a bargain (relative to the quality of the domain) right?

Anyone caught any crumb recently?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hi

depends on your budget

if i were you, i wouldn't spend any money trying to "attend" any domain conferences, but you could still browse the catalogs of any auction and see what's available within your means.

Anyone caught any crumb recently?

i have caught a crumb or two recently

and looking at a few others right now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom