Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

WhiteHouse.com for sale ? daddy is ashamed of his business? what da!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made an initial offer of $1 million, but now I have no further interest.

The guy sent me back a form letter with restrictions on use, etc..

The guy is a goofball. He is not worth your time.

andy21

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are earning 1 milion a year for that site , I doubt few will care about ethic

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so if the site makes a million a year and you can no longer use it as an adult site then it won't get a million dollars a year :p

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
andy21 said:
If you are earning 1 milion a year for that site , I doubt few will care about ethic
This is true, if your soul is for sale!

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so if the site makes a million a year and you can no longer use it as an adult site then it won't get a million dollars a year :p
++++++++++++

Exactly.

That is one reason the guy is a goofball. He is restricting the use. If you can't put the domain to the "highest and best" use (which almost always means: most economically valueable use) it means you can't use it for adult even if adult is the most profitable use.

Thus, restrictions diminish the value of the domain, BIG TIME. He is capping the upside, perhaps even making the domain worthless, or in the worst case scenario --a liability-- because of possible TM issues.

With such a covenant, the domain ain't worth squat. Or, it could be worth a negative number.

So, you pay $X millions for the domain, which produces only $XXX,000 per year. Your return is pitiful.

Or, in the worst case, you pay $X millions and Whitehouse Foods sues your ass and you have to pay your lawyers $250,000 to defend a TM claim in US District Court (Federal Court) --and-- you lose the domain.

What a dope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom