Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Who Is and Who Isn’t: ICANN’s Registry Agreement Termination Information List

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"NEW YORK – In light of another three to be cut, let’s take a look at Who’s pulling out, of the WhoIs, entirely. The following is a list of new gTLD operators who have decided that running their own dots is not something they wish to pursue and have notified ICANN, The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, of their intent to cancel and withdraw their Registry Operator Agreements."

See all gTLD Registry Operator withdrawals to date...

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

seek99

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so its a big risk if you own any them can lose the domains or any new gtld.
i would not investment in them.

Reaction score
I'd never heard of any of these gtlds. I wonder what the logic behind their creation was and why, if they had all the facts enough to warrant an investment, companies have decided now not to bother.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd never heard of any of these gtlds. I wonder what the logic behind their creation was and why, if they had all the facts enough to warrant an investment, companies have decided now not to bother.
At the time it was proposed it was for "brand protection", you could create anything.BRAND, but the problem is for many brands, it costs so much to run such a branded TLD that it is nearly impossible for a struggling brand to pay for it yearly. Even for some of the ntlds, I think .wedding was taken over in an emergency, I am not sure if that was the right one, but the tld was supposed to be yours for 3 years then delete unless you paid 30K for it... which I highly double many would, but there were like less than 1000 registrants on that list. As such, how were they to continue to pay ICANN's fees yearly?

https://dotbrandobservatory.com/
http://www.dotbrandsolutions.com/

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4 major advantages to operate your .BRAND new gTLD
  1. in terms of branding: all activities are located under the exact same brand/name;
  2. in terms of security: be in control of "who" is allowed to registers domain names makes a serious difference, you can say goodbye to phishing and homograph attacks. Can you tell the same about a ".com" domain name?
  3. in terms of costs: an opportunity to lower the volume of other domain names registered...that you've never used;
  4. in terms of trust: give your readers the guarantee that they are on the right website and that it is secured.
https://www.jovenet.consulting/home

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom