Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

WHY domaining companies clearly do HATE advertise in Yellow Pages-like directories???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaetanomarano

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I've just received a mail with the price to put an ad on an important domaining blog: $500/mo.

this price is the right value for this advertising, but, how many sites and blogs can pay these prices???

surely, not my blogs (for now) and also 90% of sites, blogs and forums can't pay $500 per month!

so, pay only (e.g.) $299 for ONE YEAR on a directory allows to LOTS of sites to advertise themselves!

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be honest and tell you my opinion on why no one is interested in your directory at the moment. I hope you can take the criticism and either improve your service, or change your plan. It's not meant to be said in malice, but just to help you:

If you're talking about the site I'm thinking of, you have a lot of problems with it. It's badly designed, there is no content other than a lot of empty banner spaces, you have no traffic to speak of, and you are charging $299/year? No one will visit your site as it is, let alone advertise on it.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be honest and tell you my opinion on why no one is interested in your directory at the moment. I hope you can take the criticism and either improve your service, or change your plan. It's not meant to be said in malice, but just to help you:

If you're talking about the site I'm thinking of, you have a lot of problems with it. It's badly designed, there is no content other than a lot of empty banner spaces, you have no traffic to speak of, and you are charging $299/year? No one will visit your site as it is, let alone advertise on it.

i think we all have tried explaining in detail on the other thread.... the best we could have done...
although i will watch whenever i will get time to login to DNF and his site, and its been 2 weeks, the site is stil the same , no improvements

neither a single portfolio or website already promoted through this system so we can see the result!

Reaction score

This has been thoroughly explained to him in another thread. However he takes anyone that doesn't agree with him as criticising and completely fails to grasp the point everyone is making. He *still* has no traffic and yet expects people to pay to advertise there and no amount of explanation will enable him to see why nobody will ever do that.
No traffic = no incentive to advertise.

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah yes ;) sorry, didn't read through that thread, just read it.

By the way @gaetanomarano, catchy t-shirt slogan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators